IGNORED

Pic's of Harbor Freight Tag a Long

dray

• 2 years later...
the trailer box is plastic? Did you paint it? Do you have to prep the plastic before painting?

Ret. CSM Braquet

Trailer "box" is plastic, maybe fiberglass. Top 1/2 is pebble grain, bottom section is smooth. Just like a Henry Ford special you can get it any color you want as long as you want black. I found that the nuts and bolts rust rather quickly, changed a lot of them to stainless steel. Towed it first behind my '07 RSV, then my GL1800.

Just make sure you put the bulk of the weight in front of, or directly over axel. Never place heavy onject(s) behind axel. General rule is 10-15% of the weight your towing should be on the tongue to avoid the dreadder "tail wagging the dog"...

I've seen a lot of Uhauls with the 55mph limit on them... Believe it's a CYA thing as you get all kinds of people loading them. and the troubles seem to manifest themselves at higher speeds...

Let me share this with ya... On the way back from Illinois this July a truck and trailer pulled onto the interstate in right lane. As it approached 65 mph it started weaving violently back and forth almost hitting me. The guy let off the gas the trailer straigntended out and I though he was going to pull over and adjust his load. To my suprise, he started going faster and once again at around 65mph the trailer started weaving sideways back and forth.. at this point i was honking my horn and flashing my lights for him to pull over. It was two young kids 18 or 19 trying to get a pickup back home. I asked em if the pickup ran and they said sure... Told em if they drove it off the trailer and then pulled the truck back onto the trailer it would tow just fine.... (they had backed the truck into the trailer and the engine was behind the axle) it was either that or drive below 60mph... they decided to get off at the next exit and take truck off and put it in right.

the trailer box is plastic? Did you paint it? Do you have to prep the plastic before painting?

Ret. CSM Braquet

Painted my PB about 4 years go. to match my MM

been sticking ever since. main thing is the PREP WORK

lots of scotch bright and cleaning before the under coat.

Jeff

• 8 years later...
Same question I had...advertisement states 55 MPH MAXIMUM towing speed. Nice looking trailer for the price, but has anyone who has/used this particular trailer experienced anything negative with this trailer at speeds around 70?

I just listed my HF trailer in the 'Trailer' section- I took mine to Wyoming and Colorado from Ohio 3 years ago- they tow beautifully and we regularly cruised at 75-80 mph. No issues. I did re-pack the cheap Chinese bearings with good synthetic grease before I left. The cheap Chinese grease looked like Vaseline.