IGNORED

Lean angle when parked.

Hmmmmm.....

All of these posts about too much lean angle.

I am always worried that my 88 V1 will tip over to the right side when parked on the side stand.

What is the "correct" lean angle?

When I stop I have to lean the bike to the right past the CG to get ground clearance to get the SS all of the way down. It only takes about 10 lbs of force to bring the bike up off the side stand to the CG. A 5 year old girl has no problem tipping it over on the right side with one hand. Unfortunately I learned this.

When I park on the side stand I always have to pull the bike hard to the left after the SS is down to raise the suspension as much as possible.

I always worry about the wind blowing it over to the right.

There is almost no slop in my SS, the bolt is tight and not bent, and the SS does not appear to be bent, but I have nothing to compare it to. I do still have all original springs and shocks.

Where I live I have no garage just an 8x10 steel shed and the windshield just clears the door top by less than 1/8 inch. I had to remove the pan head screw in the middle of the door frame for windshield clearance, it is that close.

The bike handles and rides fine with the suspension as is, if I put in new progressive springs or raise the shock pressures, it will sit higher, and lean better, but NOT fit thru the door to my storage shed. It can not be left/kept outside overnight or the insurance co will be very unhappy with the replacement cost, and I really do not want to cut the top of the windshield or door frame either.

I was debating milling off the bottom of the SS and welding a new pad on a little higher to get some more lean angle. I can also then make the pad a little bigger to help when parked on grass or very hot asphalt. (Yes I do carry a 4 inch round chunk of sheet metal for parking on soft surfaces).

Anyone else ever mess with this issue?

I use to have this perceived problem with my new to me 86; my 88 also use to have the same issue. That is until I installed progressive springs. Now the bike sits taller which increases the lean angle. Perhaps you need to add some air to both the front and back; that is unless you are a toe tipper already.