IGNORED

Its Hot Outside But I Need Help for When Its Cold

NCReb

I know its hot weather and no need for heated cloths, but I like to ride in cold weather too. My question is, does Yamaha make a heaver duty alternator? The reason is my bike will not keep the battery charged with my wife and I wearing our Gerbing's heated coats and gloves. Seems like a touring bike would provide ample power for heated cloths. Don't get me wrong I love my RSV and would not trade it for any other on the market. Any help in this matter would be a great help, I know ya'll are a great bunch of people and I'm honored to be a part of this forum. Mike

Yep, Rick at www.buckeyeperformance.com has an upgrade stator for $239.00. I installed one last year and it works great.

http://www.buckeyeperformance.com/images/stator.jpg

Higher Output Stator

Yamaha RSV 99- & RSTD 05- XVZ1300

For those that have lots of lights and/or heated grips and clothing.

We have the fix to your barely adequate OEM stator supplies.

This stator is designed to give a higher output in the normal cruising range from 2000 to 3500 RPM's

The OEM stator spec output is 30 amps. During testing we've seen increased output to a peak of 55 amps. No core exchange is needed these are NEW units. Each order comes with installation gaskets included.

(Note: This unit requires hard wire (soldered) connection.

As of 11/01/07 the Research and Development RSV has over 7000 trouble free miles of real life testing with this stator.)

Part # BP426-426-HOSTAT $239.00

Click Here to order

Yep, Rick at www.buckeyeperformance.com has an upgrade stator for $239.00. I installed one last year and it works great.

http://www.buckeyeperformance.com/images/stator.jpg

Higher Output Stator

Yamaha RSV 99- & RSTD 05- XVZ1300

For those that have lots of lights and/or heated grips and clothing.

We have the fix to your barely adequate OEM stator supplies.

This stator is designed to give a higher output in the normal cruising range from 2000 to 3500 RPM's

The OEM stator spec output is 30 amps. During testing we've seen increased output to a peak of 55 amps. No core exchange is needed these are NEW units. Each order comes with installation gaskets included.

(Note: This unit requires hard wire (soldered) connection.

As of 11/01/07 the Research and Development RSV has over 7000 trouble free miles of real life testing with this stator.)

Part # BP426-426-HOSTAT $239.00

Click Here to order

Many Thanks :smile5: