IGNORED

Who has installed Tri-star XP Turn signal conversion?

Wife got me the Tri-Star XP brake light conversion. Over the years, I have done my share of wiring in radios, speakers, and accessories in vehicles. I have rewired trailers and such, so I am not "scared" to tackle this, but it looks a little involved.

1. Am I going to need addtional wiring? Does not look like there is enough included.

2. Is the load equalizer needed on an RSV?

Edited by Jethroish

Got it hooked up. Had to stare at it a little bit and read the directions 5 or 6 times before it really was clear to me. The skematic they provide is a little misleading. I had to draw my own before I began cutting wires.

I did not wire in the load equalizer. My signals now blink a little faster, but you can tell they are blinking. The only noticably odd thing is, when the blinking signal is turned off, there is no light for a second or less while the unit prcesses it back to a tail light.

I was not immediately able to find red bulbs for the turn lenses, but Auto Zone has these neat little red rubbery light covers. I put them over the stock amber light bulbs. You cannot tell that they are not red lights.

I will redraw my diagram later and add it here.

If anyone need s help installing one of these tail light convertors, I will be gald to help.

Edited by Jethroish