IGNORED

My kumho opinion

footsie

This is my second RSV with car tire, 2004 white, I have put 500 miles on it in the past few days. LIke it much better than the nexum.

The ride is 1000% better than the brickstone that was on the back.

And when aggressively taking curves, the car tire does not have that slipping feels that a bike tire has ( I feel like I am tring to perform drifting, especially on the bricks). I put her through a curve near my house that is 6 degree, reverse incline, smooth e-mix pavement.

scraped the floorboards above 70 mph with no rear end slip.

Otherwise I can not tell any difference in handling slow speed, high speed, I just don't find any drawbacks with the kumho.

I am not trying to sway anybody to a car to each his own, just reports my observations.

Freedon of the road for all.

Gregg

This is my second RSV with car tire, 2004 white, I have put 500 miles on it in the past few days. LIke it much better than the nexum.

The ride is 1000% better than the brickstone that was on the back.

And when aggressively taking curves, the car tire does not have that slipping feels that a bike tire has ( I feel like I am tring to perform drifting, especially on the bricks). I put her through a curve near my house that is 6 degree, reverse incline, smooth e-mix pavement.

scraped the floorboards above 70 mph with no rear end slip.

Otherwise I can not tell any difference in handling slow speed, high speed, I just don't find any drawbacks with the kumho.

I am not trying to sway anybody to a car to each his own, just reports my observations.

Freedon of the road for all.

Gregg

That's good to hear- I'm about to move to the dark side. Just waiting on the tire to get here. I'm anxious to experience the Kumho on my '07' Venture

This morning on the way to work on I-75, the fast lane was paved one layer higher than the rest of the highway. (why the state left this road like that I don't know) You have to cross about 1 1/2 inch rise in the pavement to get in the fast lane.

I did notice a small increase in the wiggle the bike does when crossing over the mt, but the bike seems to cross the lip better, the rear does not hesitate coming over the ridge.

I just like the kumho better than mt.

freedom of the road for all

Gregg

The Valkyrie smoother, quieter, way more powerful, and completely stable, but even with the ultimate seat its not quite as comfortable as the venture.

The venture has more comfort, even the interstate valkyrie does not match the comfort of the venture. Its the foot position, which also the wings only down fall.

engine wise can not feel, barely can hear the valkyire running, but My friend david pulled up beside me on my valk, one day on his venture he kicked down to fouth and full throttle. I did not down shift just opened the throttle not to wide open, the valkyrie just walked off from the venture, no contest.

So we tried my red 2000 rsv against my 97 valkyrie in the 1/4 mile. The valk crossed the

line, the venture was maybe 2/3 of 1/4.

Of course running side by side on a road trip every gas stop the valkyrie burns aleast a full gallon more of gas, and on a valk at 150 miles you had better be at a station or get ready to walk, they guzzle gas.

at 80 mph my valk got 27 mpg. It would do 40 if you did not get over 50 mph.

I sold my valkyrie to my nephew and bought a 2004 venture because of the comfort, mileage, radio and cruise control, and I think the white venture is just a clean beatiful bike. and brett wanted my valk so bad he and he already had a 98.

If wanted slick smooth gut wrenching power with comfort, and don't mind the gas, by the valkyrie.

I am 50 now I want comfort, and friend said the venture was like addiction, gets you hooked and can't give it up.

GREGG

Edited by footsie
FIX SENTENCE

Thanks for the reply. I like the valkyrie but never rode one, I've always had Honda's, my Venture is the first none Honda, I wouldn't trade it for any other bike out there, put 3,537 miles on it on a trip to Dodge City, Kansas. Thanks Gregg :thumbsup2:

I picked up the Kumho yesterday for $65. They wouldn't mount it tho. I am talking to a couple of folks, but I need to drop the rear wheel 1st. Borrowing a jack from a buddy. I can't wait to not have to worry about those BS bike tires that will go flat running over a thumbtack. Also getting the dynabeads and they may mount the tire. Only bummer is they are about 60 miles from me. Oh well, pack a lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Kumho yesterday and plan on mounting it up this Sunday, what kind of "slick-um" have ya`ll been using?? I have heard everything from dish soap to K/Y Jelly ??? What air pressure are most starting out riding with before making any air adj.?

Thanks,

Kreg

I'm at 35 psi, but not sure I like it. Feels weird in corners and seems to wiggle a little at speeds. Gonna push it to 40 and check it out in the morning. KBay -- check my other posts in this section where I went through a nightmare trying to get the Kumho to bead up. Seems that nobody else had that much trouble.

Edited by jneed53
Add

Guest curtismiller

Give it a chance John.That was my exact statement at first.But now i never even think about it.Just kick the tires and light the fires. CM

I have dropped my kumho to 32 psi, seems more stable, made a 175 mile ride afterward.

will report back after a few more mile in different conditions.

But so far I think the lower pressure is better.

Gregg

So far I'm loving my Kumho, Wish I do this sooner . Tire sure does grip the road and never felt any slip or slide in curves or turns, 1000% better tire or the MT.

Coming home today me & Charlie were riding our bikes when the traffic got thick here in Duncan we took off and went around some cars to beat the traffic light and I hit second gear on my Gold Wing and let loose I almost lost the handle bars. The Kumho grip the road so good it shot me out in front of Charlie in a heart beat. Later Charlie said he saw the front tire come off the ground when I went by him. WOW

My next tire will be another Kumho for sure!!!

I got my Kumho yesterday and plan on mounting it up this Sunday, what kind of "slick-um" have ya`ll been using?? I have heard everything from dish soap to K/Y Jelly ??? What air pressure are most starting out riding with before making any air adj.?

Thanks,

Kreg

I have about 3500 miles on mine. I started at 42lbs and couldn't tell any difference in the ride or handling over a cycle tire. At about 500 miles I dropped to about 34-36lbs and it felt very squirrelly so I went back to 40lbs where I have had it ever since. Much better grip when braking and in curves. I hear from the guys with more miles that the higher pressures will wear the center quickly but I have yet to see any wear at all. Pics below.

[img]http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww202/BigBoyinMS/DSC01117.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww202/BigBoyinMS/DSC01116.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww202/BigBoyinMS/DSC01115.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww202/BigBoyinMS/DSC01118.jpg[/img]