IGNORED

remodel of the Venture

rdliner

Anyone have any info on the remodel of the Venture for 2010. I have

heard that they are gonna completely redesign it, no more cassette player

and a toned down version of the new VMax engine....Waiting on info before

I buy a new bike.

I was talking to the sales rep last sat and he said they are working on a V twin venture fuel injected with all the bling and trying to build it nder 20k, they have a proto type made and just doing the math and decide what they want.

I was talking to the sales rep last sat and he said they are working on a V twin venture fuel injected with all the bling and trying to build it nder 20k, they have a proto type made and just doing the math and decide what they want.

If its in prototype at this time, then I don't think it will be ready for production by the 2010 model year.

Anyone have any info on the remodel of the Venture for 2010. I have

heard that they are gonna completely redesign it, no more cassette player

and a toned down version of the new VMax engine....Waiting on info before

I buy a new bike.

Back last year about June...I was in the same place you are now. I was told by a couple of dealers there was an upgrade for 2009 (no more cassette, Fuel injection totally redesigned bike). I was absolutely positive they were upgrading for 09. I even called Yamaha and a lady would not tell me they were not upgrading...but told me I would not be dissappointed... I had my mind pretty much made up... I was gonna buy a Yamaha if it did not look like a space ship. I was waiting for the 2009 bikes to come out... I was saving my money and getting ready to make that purchase as soon as they hit the show room floor. I was checking the website daily for the anouncement of the new models. :fingers crossed:

Well the 09's came out and they did not change a dang thing from the 1999 model. :crying:

I was so teed off. I called the dealer and told him I was so upset wtih Yamaha..I hoped they had to eat every single one of those 09 bikes. I told him not to bother getting one in his shop cause he was gonna have to eat it cause the public was so ticked off about the 99/09 (1999 same as 2009) model bike. :think:

Then I got over it...about a month later. I went to looking for a left over 99/08...they all the same, so what difference did it make about the year model?

I wanted a black (Midnight) one. 07 was the last year they made a black bike. I talked to a painter about painting a charcoal 08 black. Got a price and I was gonna take it apart and haul the parts to him for painting.

Then I thought that was a stupid idea.

I started looking at used bikes. I found several mindights...the were so high...dang.

I got to thinking...there has got to be a 07 left over still in the show room brand new. I called the dealer and ask him get me one. He came back with there is none. I sulled over that a few days...then called him back again. I told him I do not believe there is no 07 midnight bikes in this United States...some where. Well come to find out...he only looked in the area where he was willing to go get a 07 for me. I told him if he will find it I will go get it... He found 3. one in Texas...one in Kentucky and one somewhere else (I don't remember). These were never titled. I asked him to check on that one in Kentucky. He did and they were more than willing to get rid of it. It had 19 miles on it. The last day of September of 08, I took a day and a enclosed trailer and picked it up in Kentucky after he did a dealer transfer. The bike had a dead battery and was covered with dust in a back warehouse. The little dealer there could not sell it so he moved it out of his show room to make room for 4 wheelers. My dealer let me have it at his cost. It was a really good deal.

Today I have a 99/07 with 6700 miles and could not be happier.

I will believe any rumors about an upgrade when I see the 2010 bike. I even heard since the sales were down on all brands of bikes that they were suspending any development on new models cause they were not sure they could sell them. They are reducing production on some models due to low sales volume also.

Not sure I will run to the dealer and buy a 2010 at least till it is on the road a while. Especially since I got mine just like I want with all the safety chrome and all the toys on it.

I suspect the 2010 will resemble the Gold Wing...cause Honda is their direct competion. It may be a mix of that new KAW touring and the Gold Wing with a heafty price tag.

I really hope they do bring out a new model RSV at least for your sake anyway.

I hope you get you one soon.

Oh yeah if nobody has told you yet...Welcome to the site...you will really enjoy it here.

:TEAL:

Got a question...just ask...lots of knowledge here about a lot of stuff...

Good luck on finding a bike. :thumbsup:

Prototypes will be built until one month before the final build go ahead. Worked for HD at TTF and Mercedes in Vance. Don't give up hope. I've seen fall products released early and months later, due to the last production trial.

I found it, I found it :rotf:

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews/data/articlestandard/dealernews/402007/463414/FC-Dii.jpg

I could resist that. We have been talkin about this for the last 4 years....

Don't think they'll be any changes because they haven't done any hype for new models yet this year like they did a couple of years ago

I was talking to a dealer about a month ago and he said that his Yamaha dealer rep. told him there might not be an 2010 Venture. He said that Yamaha is changing the Venture and won't have it ready for 2010 and will introduce it in 2011. But you know dealers, they are apt to say anything.

We all know that Yamaha is not going to change it, if anything they will drop if from the line for a few years and then do what Kawa did, change it radically but not the way we would like to see it, they dont care what the riding public wants........so just be happy you have a great bike now, look what they did to the 1st Gen.........they are still around and racking up the miles, the 2nd Gen will end up just like the 1st Gen...........

I was talking to a dealer about a month ago and he said that his Yamaha dealer rep. told him there might not be an 2010 Venture. He said that Yamaha is changing the Venture and won't have it ready for 2010 and will introduce it in 2011. But you know dealers, they are apt to say anything.

I'm quite sure there will be a new Model in Future, with the V4 Motor and everything else much more contemporary. I won't bet any Money on which Year it will come out, maybe 2010, but could easily be 2011 also. I won't bet any Money on the Style, though.

If you don't want to wait, buy a '09 VMAX for 16,00 USD and add a Fairing and Luggage Compartment as of your Liking and Style. Might be the same Outcome pricewise. You won't be disappointed. Only Downside is the small stock Tank for a Tourer, but I fittet a 20,5 Liter Aftermarket Tank to my '09 last Week. Working on the Luggage Situation, 'cause i'm heading to a Meeting next Friday. Got a quick and dirty Solution with a Trunk Rack from my '99 Max under Way. Shall be done by Wednesday.

I was at Americade the week before MD. Spoke with the local Yamaha reps about it. They said there have been rumors of FI and some other minor changes but the mother ship hasn't told them anything yet.

It doesn't seem logical to invest in the current platform now. It makes more sense that they'd work a new model around the updated VMax engine in the next year or two. If it were planned for 2010, I'd expect more rumor leaks or test bike sightings by now. Bottom line is nothing is firmer than rumors and guesses at this point though.

Yup, nothing but speculation and dreams right now. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a new model Venture yet.

Truth is, go out and find a bike you wil be happy with for many years because unless you are independantly wealthy you are going to be paying for it a long time!! Myself I'm paying the next 4 years. Hopefully I will be able to ride it again soon. Now, let the customizing begin...

They will stop production for at least a year before coming out with the new model. That gives the dealers a chance to clear out the current model. It also keeps people who bought the last of the old models feeling like they should have waited to buy and helps build interest in the media and public.

First and only reported Sighting of a VMAX in Wilderness was in Italy in March 2008, Yammi officially announced the Bike as a special Announcement on June 04, 2008 to be ordered from July 01, 2008.

So, it's not too late for a 2010 Model as of now. The Vmax Base is good and would easily allow to modify it to a long Distance Tourer. Rear Frame is bolted to the Main Frame, Steering Angle/Front Fork is already more Touring than anything else.

I think it'll be a dressed up Roadliner.

People who don't know anything about motorcycles think that the V-twins are the best engines.

Kawasaki went to the big V-twin for their touring machine.

http://fxstein.com/blog/resserver.php?blogId=1&resource=fxliner.jpg

It is all rumors until it comes out on Starmotorcycles.com

HOWEVER I do know that the current RSV will go out of production at the end of the 2009 model year, or at least will not be sold in the US and any other country that has adopted the following.

The EPA tier II motorcycle emissions standard goes into effect for the 2010 model year and the current RSV will NOT pass.........

Now if you look at the motor in the 1st gen Vmax and the 2nd Gen RSV, they are quite similar and share many parts. This helps Yamaha lower the cost per unit by spreading out the R&D cost over more units.

SO, with luck, Yamaha will take the 2nd gen Vmax motor and modify it and put it in a 2010 or 2011 model year RSV, I will be VERY happy, and I'll put my 2007 RSV up for sale!!!!!!!!

But remember it is all rumors untill the offical press release from Yamaha!!!!!!!!

The rumors started in 2005, and have been the same since. Also, the bike has been the same since. My 02 only has 104,000 miles, it was a great bike in 02 and it is a great bike in 09. It will be a great bike in 2010 or 2011, therefore whatever they come out with will have to be on the market for a while before I get an interest in it.

:farmer:

It is all rumors until it comes out on Starmotorcycles.com..........

But remember it is all rumors untill the offical press release from Yamaha!!!!!!!!

Exactly true! Yamaha is extremely tight-lipped about their new releases, even to the point that the reps are only guessing. "They say", "I heard" and all the other speculation is usually just that, being passed along enough until it is assumed as fact. But c'mon, how many cassette decks can they still have left??!! :scratchchin:

As long as we're all guessing, here's my thought. A Stratoliner S with the new fuel injected 1700 V4. All accessories are an option, and easily installed by the dealer. Intertainment cluster, Navagation cluster, Cruise cluster, etc..... :sign woo hoo:

A poll might be interesting. We have an audience of almost exclusively Venture owners mixed in with a few of us RSTDers and fewer others.

The poll might ask:

If Yamaha were to introduce in the Fall of 2009 a new Venture in model year 2010 for $20,000US that included the Venture amenities from the current model, with updated electronics and sound, fixed all major known weak points (brakes, etc), and was powered by a version of the FI Vmax engine, would you definitely buy a new one:

a) As soon as announced?

b) sometime during model year 2010?

c) sometime during model year 2011?

d) sometime after model year 2011?

e) no, just put FI on the current design to meet 2010 emission requirements

f) I'm happy with my current ride and won't be buying a new anything

As long as we're all guessing, here's my thought. A Stratoliner S with the new fuel injected 1700 V4. All accessories are an option, and easily installed by the dealer. Intertainment cluster, Navagation cluster, Cruise cluster, etc..... :sign woo hoo:

The Stratoliner is a fine machine...for those who like V-twins. I don't!!! I did not like my 99 Roadstar and the numerous Harleys I have owned. I love my 83 GW but I wore it out and got rid of it in 96. The Venture fills my needs and I have many years left in it.

And for Randy's poll...I pick d and/or f

A poll might be interesting. We have an audience of almost exclusively Venture owners mixed in with a few of us RSTDers and fewer others.

The poll might ask:

If Yamaha were to introduce in the Fall of 2009 a new Venture in model year 2010 for $20,000US that included the Venture amenities from the current model, with updated electronics and sound, fixed all major known weak points (brakes, etc), and was powered by a version of the FI Vmax engine, would you definitely buy a new one:

a) As soon as announced?

b) sometime during model year 2010?

c) sometime during model year 2011?

d) sometime after model year 2011?

e) no, just put FI on the current design to meet 2010 emission requirements

f) I'm happy with my current ride and won't be buying a new anything

Man that would be a hard one to answer. I think I need to see what it looks like first and what they changed.

If it looked anything like the Victory Vison...they could keep all of them. I would ride mine till the wheels fell off.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory/2009/Touring/Victory-Vision-Tour-Premium/Pages/features.aspx

What were they thinking on this one?

:doh:

The Stratoliner is a fine machine...for those who like V-twins. I don't!!! I did not like my 99 Roadstar and the numerous Harleys I have owned. I love my 83 GW but I wore it out and got rid of it in 96. The Venture fills my needs and I have many years left in it.

And for Randy's poll...I pick d and/or f

Uh..... Geeze, I thought I said it was going to have a V4. And I thought we were brain storming about what a new Venture might look like??? My bad....

I'm an "F" as well. I love this bike and it will be a few years before I even consider replacing it. Maybe by 2020. I am interested in all the new models just because of curiosity but I'm not in the market so I really don't care.

My dealer was really honest when I asked last week. He said he knew nothing for certain and didn't want to spread rumors. I'm in there a lot so he said when he KNEW something he would let me know.

....The Venture fills my needs and I have many years left in it....

I have to agree with this. The way these bikes last I don't think I'll live long enough to wear out my 05 RSTD. If I want to get a new bike I will have to re-think my strategy of keeping my rolling stock until it won't roll anymore.