IGNORED

Finally my VR is on the road

EddyG

I bought this '86 VR on mothers day ( 4 weeks ago ) Of course the previous owner said it was in great shape and a great bike. I rode it home in the pouring rain (80 miles) weather men were wrong again. I found several things I wasn't happy with but I could fix them.

Started with the lights and fix the bad ones then I found the rear break froze in the( will not let the tire move ) position. I thank you all for the past posts on brakes, a BIG help! Fighting with brakes and rebuilding the rear caliper was soooo much fun I dread ever doing it again but It's done now.

I figured the battery was bad because of the hard starting issue, it was but also every item that GeorgeS stated in one post. I found an issue even with the starter and ended up cleaning it up and fixing the corrosion issue and now one turn of the starter and she is running. Also made new bigger cables for the starter circuit. Clean grounds and every terminal on the bike it seams.

Horns didn't work, so now we have new air horns, very loud!:thumbsup2:

Well finished up the brakes this morning around 7am and putting on all the stuff I took off around 8:30.

Then as if on cue, I pulled the bike out of the garage and started it up, and the RAIN started, weather men wrong again.

I finally got to take her the the gas station around 10 am, :dancefool: She rode great. :Venture:

Thank all of you for the Help...... Eddy G

I know how passionate some 1st genners are about their bikes. I had one too, an 83. However, keep in mind that even though one may look to be in great shape and well cared for, those bikes are still over 20 years old and there could be much hidden damage. Age will take its toll on parts and mechanicals. My 99 is now 10 years old and the electrical system is showing its age. If its not one thing, its another......

Glad your enjoying your "new" bike Eddy.....:thumbsup2: