IGNORED

Is it a car or bike?

tim44

I saw twins each pulling a trailer last Sat. at the top of Monarch pass. You decide if it is a car or bike. They are called a Stallion. Ford engine, automatic 5 speed transmission, Air/heat, steering wheel. Looked interesting but not sure I would want one.

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=217082880/PictureID=33959842014/a=122922917_122922917/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=217082880/PictureID=33959845014/a=122922917_122922917/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=217082880/PictureID=33959850014/a=122922917_122922917/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Edited by tim44

I know it's the right thing for some but I'm just not a trike person. They aren't available yet but the closest thing I've seen for me would be this site: www.flytheroad.com

At least here you get to lean like a bike. I could see this as a poor weather alternative. (Or if you had to wear a suit).

I don't know about anywhere else but in Wisconsin a trike with 1 front and 2 rear wheels is a motorcycle, and a trike with 2 front and one rear wheel is a car. At least as far as your drivers license is concerned, I am not sure how each vehicle is registered.

In my book a motorcycle has 2 wheels, period.

I'd call it a trike. But at that price, I sure wouldn't be calling one mine. I would maybe define a "motorcycle" as having 2 or 3 wheels, and is open to the wind. I've seen a lot of so-called trikes that look like they simply replaced the front with a motorcycle triple tree. :scratchchin:

http://www.ecomotorcompany.com/default.htm

I have a deposit on this one but doubt I will get it this year due to one unexplained delay after another. So instead of waiting any longer I got smart and traded in my Honda 750 Shadow for my 05 RSTD.

Here in Washington state a new law goes into effect in July that defines a motorcycle this way: "Motorcycle" means a motor vehicle designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground, on which the driver:

(1) Rides ((astride the motor unit or power train)) on a seat or saddle and the motor vehicle is designed to be steered with a handle bar or

(2) Rides on a seat in a partially or completely enclosed seating area that is equipped with safety belts and the motor vehicle is designed to be steered with a steering wheel.

A person holding a valid driver's license may operate a motorcycle as defined under (2) without a motorcycle endorsement.

Up until the law was signed by the Governor I would have needed a motorcycle endorsement (which I have anyways) a TRIKE endorsement, and would have had to wear a helmet in that 3 wheel car. It still registers as a motorcycle which allows HOV lane use with 1 person, and, it allows "first on, first off" on the state ferry system. However...with the ferry system here in Washington you are taking a chance of some serious name calling with references to your upbringing and parents plus possible damage to the "autocycle" if you push the "I can get on first" with the EMC3 Commuter.

Here is another 3 wheeler that is on the road here locally.

Buy DMV definition, it is still considered to be a motorcycle (3 wheels or less) which means a rider/passenger must have motorcycle endorcement, wear a helmut, and have headlights on at all times.

Maybe in WV it's considered a motorcycle, but here in CA, although it's considered a MC the rider doesn't need to have an MC indorsement to legally ride. I'm sure each state's VC's are different, and probably 60 interpretations for all 50 states.... :)

Maybe in WV it's considered a motorcycle, but here in CA, although it's considered a MC the rider doesn't need to have an MC indorsement to legally ride. I'm sure each state's VC's are different, and probably 60 interpretations for all 50 states.... :)

The WV Legislature was attempting to change the law this year, but it didn't pass through. They were wanting to class them a separate class of vehicle, but as for now they fall under the definition as a motorcycle. I imagine as time goes on and more are on the road, they will pass something to class them in.... I had to educate a local man earlier this year, he wasn't happy.

The WV Legislature was attempting to change the law this year, but it didn't pass through. They were wanting to class them a separate class of vehicle, but as for now they fall under the definition as a motorcycle. I imagine as time goes on and more are on the road, they will pass something to class them in.... I had to educate a local man earlier this year, he wasn't happy.

I like to see them put all back to a general class drivers license I.E. no endorsement.