IGNORED

Leveling links

Lepapehermann

Hello,

I have a friend that owns a RSV 2007 and want to lower the back end, is there anyone on this board that knows the lenght of the links required to lower the bike?

Many thanks,

I don't know the length, but longer links lower the bike, shorter ones raise it.

Baron's sells a couple different kits for this. If you lower the bike, you really need a kit, as the rear brake caliper has to be relocated in order to lower it by any significant amount. The kits have a new mounting bracket included for this purpose.

Joe

If you need to lower the bike, assume due to being vertically challenged, you are better off lowering the front end or having the seat reworked to narrow the front (makes it easier to get the legs down).

By lowering the rear of the bike, it will make it even less manauverable at low speeds. Not good.

RR

I agree with RedRider. Lower the front. Costs nothing but some time.

My first RSV was lowered both front and rear. I didn't like how it handled, and I was constantly dragging the rear over bumps and in curves. So I put the rear back to stock height and left the front lowered. Handled like a new bike!

Good luck!

Joe