IGNORED

Need a bag for pillion seat

Bigfoot

I'm looking for some type of bag to place on the back seat when I go for my long ride in August. The wife is not coming so to carry extra gear I'd like to somehow strap down some type of bag. It doesn't have to be a $200 bag made just for motrocycles cause I won't spend that much. I would like it to be waterproof. Anyone have a suggestion on something that fits well on the seat?

I have Saddlemen's BR4100 Back Seat Dresser Bag. It's a perfect fit for the back seat, even with the driver's backrest. It has insulated pockets perfect for water bottles, snacks, etc. It holds its shape even when empty and has been a great bag. I got it on sale at a local store for about a hundred dollars two years ago. Here's the manufacture's website, with MSRP of $139.95:

http://www.saddlemen.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7086

I've been extremely satisfied with several Saddlemen products over the years: high quality products, fairly-priced and made in the U.S.A.

Also, take a look a this previous thread for ideas from others here.

The best I found for waterproof was a fold top crush bag from Cabella's. I'm sure they have them elsewhere also. They aren't pretty, but they will keep everything inside dry in the harshest rain. And they sqeeze down to whatever size is needed.

RR

I've had about everything on the seat behind me through the years. It's easy to tie stuff down back there because of all the places you can use.

One of the best things is a backpack, you can even put one of the larger ones back there in the upright position. I've had smaller drink cooler, hard side and soft on the seat.

Several times I have used a small soft sided suitcase.

Being waterproof is another problem but the easy solution is to not ride in the rain but you can put whatever you are carrying in a heavy weight garbage bag and it will be fine.

Good luck,

BOO

The problem with a bag on your rear seat is that you can't open your trunk without taking it off. I have Kuryaken bag that that mounts on the luggage rack. It works great. Just don't let go of the lid when you open it....

:Venture:

I used one of these ( http://cgi.ebay.ca/Universal-Motorcycle-Tail-Bag-NEW-MotoPak-GT-Roll_W0QQitemZ370204996179QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5631eff253&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50 ) on a 2 week trip last summer and it was great, comes with a rain cover as well. It fits on the back seat like it was made for it.....and very easy to remove...I just used a strap on each side to attach it to the hand grips. (I put black duct tape on the speaker pods so it didn't rub)

Keith