Getting the wind off your knees

BuddyRich

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There may be some play.If you put those white blocks underneath it should element most of that. If your not comfortable with that send them back and I'll send you another set.

They go in at a slight angle and its hard for me to describe how to mount them. I will try to put up a video by monday on how to mount them.

Hi John, Same cost. 35.00

That thing on the right passenger footrest is the part of the side/battery covers that goes between the 2 side covers. I was replacing the fuel filter when I shot those pics I think.

Thanks

Now I see it... I thought at first glance that it might be some kind of extension for the passenger floorboard. There's a reason I wear glasses.icon7.gif

I'll be ordering soon.

John

Just put the National Cycle hand wind deflectors on my wife's Honda Shadow Ace Tour. We took a nice 45 minute ride today (one way) in 40 degree weather and she likes them. They look decent, and can come off quickly for summer. No fit problems with her bike.

Just put the National Cycle hand wind deflectors on my wife's Honda Shadow Ace Tour. We took a nice 45 minute ride today (one way) in 40 degree weather and she likes them. They look decent, and can come off quickly for summer. No fit problems with her bike.

I think you posted in the wrong Topic ;)

Hey Buddy , I got the deflectors on a few days ago and let me tell you , THEY WORK!!!!

Thanks for a great product and fast service. They were fairly easy to install and really keep the wind off your knees. But you already knew all this!! I'd advise anyone who rides in the cold to get a pair of these. Thanks again.:thumbsup2::big-grin-emoticon::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::clap2::clap2::clap2::happy65::happy65::happy65:

I got mine and installed them earlier this week. No more jeans flapping on the way to work.. And I find the wind stream is just moved out about four inches, so when it is warm I can stick my knees out a little or use my highway pegs and I can get my knees back in the wind.

Very nice thanks..

I keep considering getting some "black nylonnnnssss ...... Opps, flash back to Flesh Gorden..

I mean getting black nylon bolts and rubber grommets so I can drill a couple small holes and mount them more permanently to the lowers.

Drilling may not be a good idea. But something that would really work well would be Goop. It dries pliable but last forever. I have some LED light bars mounted upside down under the saddlebags for the last 4 years with nothing but some Automotive Goop. Its really good stuff.

Drilling may not be a good idea. But something that would really work well would be Goop. It dries pliable but last forever. I have some LED light bars mounted upside down under the saddlebags for the last 4 years with nothing but some Automotive Goop. Its really good stuff.

And where do you buy this stuff. I have never heard of it?????

Guest tx2sturgis

That stuff is amazing...been using it for years. They sell it as Plumbers Goop, Household Goop, RV Goop...several other names.

Never occurred to me to use it for holding bike bits on the scoot!

:happy34:

GJXK.jpg

http://store.creative-wholesale.com/Portals/6/RV%2037oz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered 6 more packs of that "Dual Lock" by 3M

Awesome stuff... And so is household goop!

except try and remove something that was applied with goop *lol*

works VERY well.

Jeff

Oh Buddy! Thanks got the deflectors a while back!

Gunna paint them to match!:thumbsup2:

Guest gwritesel

it's hard to believe that the velcro would hold them on with the wind force,but if you have a set and they work tell me and I will buy them.

Geo.

Buddy,

Got my parcel in the mail today. At first I looked at the colour and thought, "Oh darn, that's going to be a bit off." So I took one unit out to the bike to hold it in place and was pleasantly surprised at how great the colour looked. I'm so glad you had that bit of blue left over because I don't think the smoked or black would look anywhere near as good on my bike. Can't wait to get them mounted and try them out.

Thanks for the super job,

Doug