IGNORED

Getting the wind off your knees

BuddyRich

Several members asked about something to get the wind off their knees. I have made up some Knee Wind Blocks. They are 38.00 a pair which includes shipping (40 USD if you live in Canada or Alaska). They mount with Velcro so they are removable for hot days. For cold days and nights these will really make a difference on your knees guys. I made mine up 4 years ago and was happy I did every time it got cool. Mine cut about 90% of the wind off my knees

These are available in Black or smoke. I will make them in smoke if anyone really wants them like that but they will have some distortions because of the heating and bending

knee1.jpg

knee2.jpg

knee3.jpg

Edited by BuddyRich

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Bob, glad you liked them. They will make a big difference on your knees when it gets down below 60 also. Yours were the first pair I sent out. I have another 2 pairs on order and will be getting them out in the next few days.

Anybody wanting them can paypal me at buddyrich@ebmc.com.I'm pretty confident y'all will really like them come colder weather. I'm also getting some lower wind deflectors ready that are twice as wide as the Yamaha ones. They should help break the wind off your shins a lot more in the closed position. I'll post some pics later.

It is going to be cold up here this weekend... we're supposed to get in the 80s!

XYL and I rode the RSV over to San Antonio over the 4th for the Shriners Convention and Parade.

Ya'll can keep that heat, had to come back to MS. to cool off... UGH!!

Nice town ya got there though..

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks Bob, glad you liked them. They will make a big difference on your knees when it gets down below 60 also. Yours were the first pair I sent out. I have another 2 pairs on order and will be getting them out in the next few days.

Anybody wanting them can paypal me at buddyrich@ebmc.com.I'm pretty confident y'all will really like them come colder weather. I'm also getting some lower wind deflectors ready that are twice as wide as the Yamaha ones. They should help break the wind off your shins a lot more in the closed position. I'll post some pics later.

Did you get the lower wind deflectors finished yet?

TIA

I am making the knee blockers now for those who want some. Takes me about a week after you order them. This week I am in CA for 4 days so that will delay any orders made this week by about 4 days.

They don't change the amount of wind noise you hear as far as I can tell.

Several members asked about something to get the wind off their knees. I have made up some Knee Wind Blocks. They are 35.00 a pair which includes shipping. They mount with Velcro so they are removable for hot days. For cold days and nights these will really make a difference on your knees guys. I made mine up 4 years ago and was happy I did every time it got cool. Mine cut about 90% of the wind off my knees

These are available in Black or smoke. I will make them in smoke if anyone really wants them like that but they will have some distortions because of the heating and bending

I would like to have a set of "Knee Wind Blocks, They are 35.00 a pair which includes shipping". Pay pay sent to buddyrich@ebmc.com.

OH YA! Black please

Steve

aka Bubber

Anybody that ordered these heres some pic of what they look like installed. Remember, The tall side goes inboard. The small block goes underneath to keep upward pressure on them.Any of you that didn't get that small block of polyethelene let me know. Or you can use some thick foam or sponge. Just velcro it so the airfilter doesn't suck it in if it gets loose. Also you'll see a red line in the pics.

It shows how the edge should kind of line up. Not exact but like that.

Also BE SURE to clean the underside of your lowers with alcohol so the Velcro will stick good.

Thanks

knee1.jpg

Edited by BuddyRich