IGNORED

Federal tire

JMC

:stickpoke:Check "Bead Seating" on YouTube.

Here's one...:think:

YouTube - Redneck Tire Mounting :yikes:

Yeah I let someone talk me into trying that ONCE on a tractor tire I couldn't get to take air. I'll have to say the guys on You Tube looked like they had just the right about of starting fluid because when I did that the thing blew and my heart stopped for a couple of minutes. It did set the bead though.

You'd think by the time I had reached 55 years old I would not have been so stupid.LOL

That's almost one of those things "Hold my beer and watch this",

BOO

Yeah, that extra bead on the seat makes it a pain. My Kumho took 112psi. I bought a clip on chuck and kept bringing up the pressure from the regulator at the compressor. That way I could stay 20ft back from it. Still made my heart race when it did seat.

Tried everything but the fire bomb no luck. Can only get 80 psi from my compressor. It will hold air but bead is not seating all the way to the outside of rim. Will try again tomorrow after work may need more psi. Just does not want to seat straight on either side. Thanks for all the suggestions. Not giving up yet.

I tried to air up my Federal tire with it standing up. The wheel would drop down into the tire (not centered) and it would not seat to the wheel. I laid the wheel and tire on a barrel (horizontal) pushed the lower side of the tire down onto the wheel. This centered the tire on the wheel. I then used a band around the tire to help to get it to bead to the wheel. It only took about 75 PSI to seat the tire to the wheel.

Earl

Came in from work and started working with tire again got one side to seat using wd-40 80 psi . second side not so good blew the bead apart and scared me just a little. Bike down till I get another tire. Dont know what I will buy this time, 10,000 on Avon rode great, thought I would try a federal for better mileage. Nothing hurt but my feelings.

Came in from work and started working with tire again got one side to seat using wd-40 80 psi . second side not so good blew the bead apart and scared me just a little. Bike down till I get another tire. Dont know what I will buy this time, 10,000 on Avon rode great, thought I would try a federal for better mileage. Nothing hurt but my feelings.

I bought a BFG Radial T/A from discount tire and they mounted the tire on my wheel for me. I think that they ended up using about 80 lbs to seat it, but they could at least put the wheel in a cage for safety.

I changed both front and rear. Used Avon venoms. I put a ratchet strap (small 1 inch across) around the tire centered and then put the air in, also used straight dish washing soap all the way around rim. Just tighten the strap to push bead toward rim and then air. I never noticed how much pressure, but would quess around 80 - 120 psi. to seat. No problems at all. Oh Ya, don't forget to grease splines and end of driveshaft and all. The driveshaft can be a bit of a pain to get back, but just keep fooling with it and it will finally just fall into place. There is a lot of info about this here. I tried the wire thing to get driveshaft back in place, and did not work for me. Also remember the correct way to put the rear axle back into wheel and tighten correctly,very important...

Orered new E3 put old tire back on for now. I sure wish it had worked for me. Thanks for all the great info. may try again someday.
Edited by FuzzyRSTD