IGNORED

Lower left fairing needed

Can't believe this happened but last night as I was pulling off the carbs, I attempted to sit my butt down on an empty 5 gal pail I use when working on bikes, and I missed. I could not avoid my falling backwards. All I could do was brace myself for the hit on the concrete floor. But when I landed on my back, I also landed on the lower left fairing piece that I had sitting nearby and it shattered into several pieces. Lesson learned; pay more attention when sitting on something used for working on the bike, or, move all items far enough away from the bike so you don't land on them if you do fall.

Now then, does anyone have a lower left fairing for a 1st edition; any color? I've looked on E-Scam and none are listed. I will pay whatever. Thanks all.

MasterGuns

YOu can fix these fairing pieces in any condition. Go to Advance Auto and buy the "5 minute plastic welder" by Permatex. Amazing stuff. Can be molded into any shape w/plastic wrap. Remove the wrap as the welder heats up. This stuff works VERY quick! Careful...the smell can make you ill.

jasonm is right, it can be fixed. Here’s the product I use http://www.plastex.ca/, you can do things with this product that can’t be done with others.

One of the members on this site dumped his bike and bust the lower faring, not only was it broke in many pieces but pieces were also missing. We had a long trip planned and had to get the air intake covered so I suggested he bring it over and let’s try to repair it with the plastex (I had bought a kit to have after I seen a demo). Long story short, it’s still on the bike today and unless you got down on your knees and looked real close you’d never know it was previously damaged. That was a year ago and he’s put many miles since.

• 9 years later...