IGNORED

smoking after 13 yr.

funrider

This past year has had it's share of challenges.

First, my job slowed down so I started a new job Sep 1st, after 11 years with the same place. 2nd, my oldest child died on Sep. 22. 3rd, my mother died 12 days later. 4th, I got carpel tunnel in both hands. 5th, I got laid off about a month ago. 6st, the one that is my own fault and probably the stuppedest thing I could have done, after quiting smoking 13 years ago while going through treatment for lung cancer, I started smoking again a few weeks ago. I can't believe that after 13 years, the first sig was like going to heaven, it tasted great. All I can say is if you have quit, don't have just that one sig, you could be hooked again.:95:

I can relate. Did the same thing after quitting for over 5 years. I thought, "No problem with just one while I'm fishing." Might as well have bought a carton before I got home. Smoked for a couple of years and went through the pain of quitting again. If I can offer some advice. Don't ever stop trying to quit. It's worth it. Hang in there. You did it once, you can do it again.

Whats the matter with you guys, put them dang cigarettes out NOW and don't let me catch you doing that again.

Sorry to hear about your family, hope things get better for you,

BOO

New to the forum, hope this comes out okay. I quit smoking six weeks ago today (after 29 years) cold turkey, it was very hard. I was upset about the recent tax increase on ciggs, then I got to thinking. Two packs a day, 5.50 a pack, thats over 300.00 dollars a month, just about enough to pay for a new motorcycle! and yes I take delivery on my new 09 RSV this coming friday. So the ciggs were a little easier to give up than I first thought. I hope you can quit again, reward yourself with somthing, it makes it a little bit easier.:mo money: