IGNORED

I lost my guardian bell

Was underneath the bike today and noticed my bell is gone.

Key ring it was mounted with is still there though.

Looks like the bell rubbed off a lot on the key ring.

Does the pewter ring wear through?

I like to have my bell swinging free.

I am wondering if it needs to be installed so that it doesn't swing?

Ross

When JB (lonestarmedic)gave me my bell, I didn't want to let it get filthy, so I have it zip tied to the left handlebar on the clutchline, I can hear it ring as it goes down the road, but I understand it's a little high to keep all the gremlins out, but knock on wood, so far so good

:stickpoke:

I have my bell on the left engine guard on my second gen. It has a leather strap holding it on, but I also put a zip tie on it as a backup. I want the leather to be supporting it, but should the leather come untied (hasn't in two years) or wear through (same), I don't want to lose the bell. So the zip tie is there as a backup, not actually supporting it at this time.

Something to think about for the next one, maybe.

Was underneath the bike today and noticed my bell is gone.

Key ring it was mounted with is still there though.

Looks like the bell rubbed off a lot on the key ring.

Does the pewter ring wear through?

I like to have my bell swinging free.

I am wondering if it needs to be installed so that it doesn't swing?

Ross

Ross,

" I like to have my bell swinging free" set me off on such a fit of laughter :Laugh: :Laugh: and I can't stop now:confused24: maybe I have a really bad sense of humour, but thanks for exercising my laugh muscles. If the exchange rate improves I would love to get a bell and badge.

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly

Glad this got posted. Went out to the garage to look at mine and it was nearly worn through. So rather than loose it I took it off. Darn, I really liked that thing too. Guess I'm going to have to find one not made out of Pewter. I think its just too soft!

Remember, you can't buy your own. It has to be given to you by a friend.

bmxndad, if you'll PM me your address, I'll send you one.

Mine is attached to the plastic fairing crossmember in front of the radiator. I always use a zip tie.

Mine is attached to the plastic fairing crossmember in front of the radiator. I always use a zip tie.

UH OH! Didn't know that a friend had to give it to you. What if you don't have any friends?

:scared:

Does it count if it came with the bike? :puzzled:

I noticed mine after I got the bike home and have wondered what it is all about, but didn't know who to ask. So, just what is the story here? :innocent:

It looks like brass and is tied on with a leather string.

I noticed mine after I got the bike home and have wondered what it is all about, but didn't know who to ask. So, just what is the story here? :innocent:

Here ya go!

Have you noticed that some riders have a small bell hanging off their motorcycle frame or handlebars? Have you wondered what the purpose is? Well, you have come to the right place. That little bell is more than decoration, it serves a very important purpose – it wards off gremlins, also known as evil road spirits.

You see, there are motorcycle gremlins that LOVE to ride, but they are also mischievous little devils and they cause all sorts of problems for you while you are riding. Some say they are responsible for that old lady in the minivan not seeing you and cutting you off in traffic. Or, you may be having trouble shifting smoothly, your battery goes dead, your turn signal suddenly refuses to work, an oil spill appears out of nowhere, you hit a patch of black ice, etc – you get the idea. Those little gremlins look for trouble and try to steer your bike towards it.

Now, once you get a bell on your scoot – it wards off these attacks from the little gremlins, not allowing any more to get onto your bike. If you already have some gremlins riding with you, they will get trapped in the hollow of the bell, and the constant ringing will drive them insane – causing them to lose their grip and fall to the roadway.

Do you have the protection of a gremlin bell? If you buy a gremlin bell of your own, the power works. If you receive the gremlin bell as a gift – the powerful magic of the bell is doubled. Do you have a friend who does not have a gremlin bell yet? Why not be the person to give them one, they'll thank you! The bell, and a good preventive maintenance program by the bike's owner, will help eliminate the gremlins.

I have never luck with having these bells .. I lose them all the time ...a friend of mine past away after a motorcycle accident .. and by the funeral the priest gave us a small cross to hang on the bike ... and that one was gone in 4 months. :depressed:

I too want to thank you for posting this info - just checked mine, and it is worn about 1/2 way through. I really like the way it swings from the key ring under the engine, so I think I'll use some safety wire to make a new loop just a bit smaller than the original. The safety wire will be perfect to secure the new loop around the base of the original one without having to modify the bell in any way.

Goose

UH OH! Didn't know that a friend had to give it to you. What if you don't have any friends?

:scared:

Okay, what chance have I got way over here in Australia :confused07::confused07::confused24: I got friends', but no Venturerider ones over here. At least I know why things haven't gone too good since 2007 (accident) it's the bl***y gremlins !!!! Maybe I need a bucket full of bells. I love the consept of the bell--well done people:happy65:

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly

I would suggest that you don't rely on that leather lace to keep your bell secure for very long. A nice nylon zip tie will do the trick. Keep your bell around longer.

Guest Ken8143
Here ya go!

Now, once you get a bell on your scoot – it wards off these attacks from the little gremlins, not allowing any more to get onto your bike. If you already have some gremlins riding with you, they will get trapped in the hollow of the bell, and the constant ringing will drive them insane – causing them to lose their grip and fall to the roadway.

This is a very good explanation of why the bell works. The part you left out is when the gremlins lose their grip and fall on the road, they writhe like crazy and make potholes.

• 3 years later...

So what I heard is true. Man I spent to many years overseas I feel almost lost back home but it's good to here.

Gene Alter

1461 ne 8th Ave

Oak Harbor, Wa.

thankyou shipmate