IGNORED

Allways wear your helmet!

Midrsv

I don't leave my driveway without a helmet on my head. This evening I needed to make a quick run to Target so I got on the bike as usual, put the helmet on, started the engine and began to back out of the garage when something started banging on my head. I stopped immediately and thougth "what the He**". Apparently when I moved the bars I accidently hit the garage door opener on my key ring and the door came down on top of my head. It quickly reversed and no harm done. I started laughing so hard I could hardly ride thinking of what this must have looked like to the neighbors. I phoned my wife while on the way to Target and she got a good laugh from it as well.

Always wear you helmet. You never know what perils lie ahead.

DT

Now that there is funny.........

I bet your neighbors are still laughing waiting for you to come back...

As for your statement: Always wear your helmet...I must say that is a very true comment.

If it werent for the helmet I had on my head at the time of my accident, I really dont think I would be here today.

So Yes, I too agree that you should wear it all the time...every time... :thumbsup2:

Edited by Eck

"Let those who ride decide". I decide to wear one. Full face at that. Went to see the guy who sold me my first bike a while back. This guy flew many missions in nam and wears a ff helmet too. While we were visiting, he reached back behind his desk and pulled out his retired ff to show me. He had just survived someone turning left in front of him. It was a mess, and he wasn't. Told me "dont let em tell ya ff helmets are overkill".

As for your statement: Always wear your helmet...I must say that is a very true comment.

If it werent for the helmet I had on my head at the time of my accident, I really dont think I would be here today.

So Yes, I too agree that you should wear it all the time...every time... :thumbsup2:

+1 here! Definetly saved my bacon when I totalled my RSTD. It was only a 1/2 helmet, but still did its job.

I agree Eck. When I crashed a couple of years ago my helmet cracked a windshield. Without it I would say the windshield would have faired better against my head and I wouldn't be here to talk about it.

DT

We had a 72 year old local man die Wednesday. He was a few miles up into Kentucky, and wasn't wearing his helmet. He was on his new '09 Kawasaki. He was following 2 slow moving cages, one was driven by an 87 year old woman. He tried to pass them, and at the same time, she turned left into a driveway with no turn signal. He was forced to lay it down, and slid into the van, hitting his head on the door...killing him.

He should have known better...the helmet would have cushioned the blow.

I don't leave my driveway without a helmet on my head. This evening I needed to make a quick run to Target so I got on the bike as usual, put the helmet on, started the engine and began to back out of the garage when something started banging on my head. I stopped immediately and thougth "what the He**". Apparently when I moved the bars I accidently hit the garage door opener on my key ring and the door came down on top of my head. It quickly reversed and no harm done. I started laughing so hard I could hardly ride thinking of what this must have looked like to the neighbors. I phoned my wife while on the way to Target and she got a good laugh from it as well.

Always wear you helmet. You never know what perils lie ahead.

DT

I now agree! I am from New Hampshire, but was on a long road trip 2 summers ago. I toured around on my 2006 RSTD for the whole summer.I am a teacher. I camped at 20 or so national parks out west. As I descended from about 10,000 ft at 11% downgrade, I was hit by falling rocks right on my skid lid. I did the wild wobble, but stayed up and pulled over asap. My helmet had cracked in half. When I came to Provo, I found a dealership and bought a new Scorpion helmet with a retractable visor. Better than my old skid lid.

About 15 yrs ago a friend of mine worked at the local yammie shop. He was on a bike in the parking lot without a helmet when a truck backed up into, then over him. Then it pulled forward running over him again. He "died" twice but was brought back. Had a nice jagged scar and staples in his head.:happy-emoticon:

Edited by royalstarjac
added "without a helmet"

I tried a FF helmet ONCE - actually, I only tried it on and got such a claustrophobic feeling that I declined. I have 2 that I wear and on specific occasions. When my wife is with me we both wear a full helmet with headsets, when I'm 1 up I wear a half helmet with the volume turned up. Occasionally, for short rides around town I wear my chevy ball cap.

Just for clarification - a ride around town, if I hit every named street will take about 20 minutes. Pretty small town, don't even have a stop light on the square but I love it.

"Let those who ride decide". I decide to wear one. Full face at that. Went to see the guy who sold me my first bike a while back. This guy flew many missions in nam and wears a ff helmet too. While we were visiting, he reached back behind his desk and pulled out his retired ff to show me. He had just survived someone turning left in front of him. It was a mess, and he wasn't. Told me "dont let em tell ya ff helmets are overkill".

Ditto on the full face helmet. If you had taken a gander at my full face helmet after my accident in '07 you would realise why they were invented. I was only travelling at 40 KPH and I would have lost the whole bottom of my face if wearing an open face helmet.

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly