IGNORED

RoadKing brackets

flb_78

• 1 year later...

Not having a welder or machine shop or anything other than a drill and wrench I made my own from parts from any hardware store.

Bike is in the shop at the moment having a I think head gasket repaired I can send photos if you like.

Basic jest of it is take a either 4in or 5 inch flat right angle that you get in the bracket department at Home Depot / Lowes. They are pre drilled with several holes.

1st. You will need to round out the last hole to fit the bolt that attaches to the bike.

2nd Next you need to bolt the extension to the other leg of the flat angled piece to make it reach the mounting holes of your pipe. 2 small bolts is all that is needed.

3rd Drill bolt holes as needed to match the exhaust bolt pattern.

4th. Optional. I took a 2nd straight flat bar and mounted between the bikes connection over to the flat extension bar to give it a bit more strength and rigidity.

It is not real pretty but just as effective as the others and since it is hidden under the saddle bag who cares.

Total cost is about $15 give or take depending on the type and size's you decide to use.

The finished product will have the same shape as the 1st drawing (a right angle with one leg longer than the other)

You will need:

2- flat right angle brackets, either 5 or 6 inch.

2- flat straight pieces (extensions) about 6 inches, (they come in cardboard packages) the two equals the width of the angle piece.

2- flat straight pieces about 6 inches (optional) I used these to make a triangle brace for extra strength.

4-6 small nuts and bolts.

Tom

• 3 years later...
Guest tx2sturgis

Hey Forrest, where the hell have you been?

:dancefool:

Ok, I give up...whats a RoadKing Bracket?

I picture a Harley Davidson RoadKing, stuffed and mounted on the wall, and the RoadKing brackets are the $749.95 chrome pieces used for mounting it on the wall stud 2x4s?

Or...not.

:D

[...]

Ok, I give up...whats a RoadKing Bracket?

I picture a Harley Davidson RoadKing, stuffed and mounted on the wall, and the RoadKing brackets are the $749.95 chrome pieces used for mounting it on the wall stud 2x4s?

[...]

:thumbsup2:

They guy that lives across the street from me would probably be all over that option! Every time I see him he brags about his 2003ish [or whatever it is] anniversary edition Road King with ~1200 miles on it that he bought new. But he is a 'hardcore biker' (as he tells me). I will hand it to him, it is very clean and shiny!

:thumbsup2:

They guy that lives across the street from me would probably be all over that option! Every time I see him he brags about his 2003ish [or whatever it is] anniversary edition Road King with ~1200 miles on it that he bought new. But he is a 'hardcore biker' (as he tells me). I will hand it to him, it is very clean and shiny!

That thing is a typical LAWN ORNAMENT. I wouldn't take it even as a gift.