IGNORED

Ohio Work Day & the Butt Butler

Rick Butler

Hey Guys,

Don has been trying to get me up to Oberlin for his Work Day for several years now and it seems like I always have a conflict. However this year I've decided that I'm coming, come hell or high water.

But after watching Kent's thread on getting this event more organized, my question to all of you is: would you like me to bring the "Butt Butler" with me, since he won't be doing anything during this time. Now he wouldn't be able to work for free because this wouldn't be fair to all the other guys whose seat (s) he has worked on in the past. But if you thought you would like him to rework your seat this weekend, it would save you around $50 or so in shipping.

But on the other hand, I would not want to be guilty of turning this social gathering of friends into a commercial affair. I have already talked this over with Don and he said it would be ok with him if you all would be alright with it. And "No" is certainly a valid answer because if you feel I should leave him at home, I'll just bring the "Bike Butler" and help turn wrenches.

But if I did bring him, he would only be able to get enough foam up there for maybe 10 seats, which would also be about the right number of seats to rework in 2-3 days. And it would probably work best to have everyone that was interested, to go ahead and get a schedule with him started?

So whatchathink?

Rick

If that is the way you want to spend your trip I say go ahead. I couldn't imagine that anyone would have an Issue with you doing this. Heck, with having a "Vendor" at MD that would make it into the "BIG TIME":rotf:

Can you make the rear passenger seat of a corbin "softer" for my Wife and Daughter? If so then Put me on the list.

We wish we had the time to come and put some faces on all of you. I would diffently would want to be on the work list on our seat. We just have to much going on right now. Guess we will have to pay the shipping as I want Butt Butler to work over my seat to his mods and norrow and lower it just a little. Being I am leg challenged. I'll have to get a hold of him and hopefully have some bad weather so we do not miss some good rides. Have a great time at the meet. I am always willing to learn something new and learning from the best, well that is the only way.

:thumbsup:

Rick you are a very busy man! I hope you take time out to enjoy yourself a little up there! I was going to go to this but I have my sons graduation that time from 5th grade and other stuff to do that I wasnt expecting so I cant go now but wish I was, oh well there is always next year rite. :thumbsup:

I was looking forward to sitting on some Butler Modified Seats then deciding if I want mine fixed. If Rick Butler is there with his grinding tool, foam and staple gun Ect.... That would be Sweeeeet. Potential Customer coming from Northern Michigan... Count me In too

You can not really tell until you ride for with the modified seat for a while..

Maybe someone can switch seats with you and you go ride

for a while with it. Just a thought.

It has something to do with being on your tail bone with

the original seat for a some miles. then you will know

when you get off the bike. kinda how it works! dunno how

but it sure works~!

Magic?:think:

Jeff

IT would be nice to see you at the meet, if you want to work fine by me, and it would be interesting to see how you do this.

Brad

I would also like to see this work, and it would be good to meet you in person Rick, and see how you have spent all the money I have sent you over the years. lol

Hey Guys,

Don has been trying to get me up to Oberlin for his Work Day for several years now and it seems like I always have a conflict. However this year I've decided that I'm coming, come hell or high water... enough foam up there for maybe 10 seats, which would also be about the right number of seats to rework in 2-3 days. And it would probably work best to have everyone that was interested, to go ahead and get a schedule with him started?

So whatchathink?

Rick

I was actually just thinking about sending my seat to you Rick. This is another option I have to seriously consider. Certainly would be quicker and the added benefits of the rest of the MD happenings. If I come, I would want to be one of the 10. I have to take a hard look at my schedule.

Thanks for offering!

TTW

Rick,

I have no problem with you doing it, but you might want to line up some helpers so you can socialize too. My seats, that you modified, are great, so I don't need it done. If anyone wants to try mine out at MD, just ask me, always happy to promote a GOOD mod.

You should also bring along a bunch of those seat thumb screws. They are Fantastic.

I look forward to meeting you!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Guys,

I've heard from 12 of you so far, where a couple may be tenetive. I've slotted those who have said which day they would be there. So, if each of you could take a look at the attachment and drop me an e-mail to Rick_Butler@verizon.net (there is an underscore between Rick and Butler) to

1. Let me know for sure which day you want me to rework your seat (s)

2. Which RSV seat you have, a pillow top or standard

3. Any other information you would like to provide

This will allow me to do some better planning before I get there.

Thanks,

Rick