IGNORED

Looking for Chaps

thecount

Here's my suggestion, go to your local store that sells chaps and buy a pair. there will be posts to where you will find the best deal, but they, for the most part are all the same, little price difference so just go out and buy a pair.

There are no magic chap deals.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Just find a pair that you like. Some have different features and finishes. They say the drum dyed are a little softer and cost a little more. I found a pair that had a removable liner (snaps out) for extra insulation in cold weather. I have been very please with them and they make riding in cool or cold weather more enjoyable. Good Luck.

Both the wife and myself have chaps made by Ron at Buffalo Billfolds and Belts. High quality with lots of options. You can reach him at Buffalo Billfolds and Belts. Best to call him at 1-877-422-8900 toll free.(USA east coast) His company also manufactures a line of western chaps, belts, wallets and more. The leather is supple yet heavier than most. You may fit in a standard size but if you are hard to fit he makes custom. They may seem a little pricey but the quality is way better than all of the foreign makes out there. American made with 5oz. leather heavy YKK zippers, double snaps over zippers and concho rear fastener. Give him a call.

One last thought. When I went to purchase my leathers. I thought getting a really nice high quality heavy leather set was the way to go. Now I want 2 sets. My leathers feel like I'm walking around with a cow straped to me. I'd recommend getting something in the middle. Just a thought.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Issues to ordering US , is shipping and duty/taxes coming across the border. Appreciate the comments.

:canada:

Riding is fun so ride over to our side and buy what you want and take off all the price tags before going back! Like they can really tell where you got it from and after you get a mile from the check point on your side :nanner:

Depending on how its shipped from the US will determine the charges. I would avoid UPS....you will get nailed with every charge there is! I have bought most all my accessories from the US (South Seattle). The most I have paid using USPS is the tax's, it seems anything under $100 they don't bother. The chaps I have hook over my belt and snap down no extra belt buckle. I was at a Screaming Eagle sale this weekend....most chaps $99. They said they are setting up a site in late April for online sales www.screaming-eagle.com ...from Montreal.

Keith

Thanks everyone for your comments. Issues to ordering US , is shipping and duty/taxes coming across the border. Appreciate the comments.

:canada:

I got mine from On The Fringe in Port Dover, ON. They will custom fit you. They measured me up, and custom made them to fit. $200.00, all leather with zipper and snaps. The zipper they will replace them if they fail, no questions asked.

Their main store is in Toronto with a very busy store in Port Dover.

Hope I can get some advice/recommendations on getting high quality chaps for this upcoming season. Prefer leather over kevlar or textile from a safety standpoint.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Sorry you missed the boat this weekend and last weekend. There were Motorcycle Shows at the CNE and then this past weekend at the International Center in Mississauga. You could pick up a pair of heavy leather chaps for as low as $50 or if you wanted something better with lining, lots of pockets etc you were looking at $100.

Now that the shows are over try Leathers in Hamilton - largest selection of Motorcycle clothing in southern Ontario - various lines of quality (Chinese to Canadian leather) but you will pay double the show prices however still much better than most motorcycle shops. I used to also deal alot with the Old Mill in Blythe, but haven't been there in years and don't know what they carry anymore. I hope this helps.

Here's my suggestion, go to your local store that sells chaps and buy a pair. there will be posts to where you will find the best deal, but they, for the most part are all the same, little price difference so just go out and buy a pair.

There are no magic chap deals.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Leather's cheap on Ebay. I bought a very nice pair of lined chaps in my size... which took half a cow... for $50 bucks.

Here's my opinion for what it's worth. I have seen such drastic differences in chap sizes that I would never buy them on line. You can find chaps cheap enough in many places that it is better to find a place where you can try them on. If there a moto rally cloase enough for you to attend there are usually several vendors that you can visit.

Hope I can get some advice/recommendations on getting high quality chaps for this upcoming season. Prefer leather over kevlar or textile from a safety standpoint.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Zdeno Cycle in Kitchener has good prices as well as a place in Guelph, right on Hwy # 7, just on the west side of town.

On The Fringe.

www.onthefringeleather.com

I got my LINED CHAPS from leatherup.com and found that they were the wrong size. Shipping is only $7.95 in US and they paid for the return and shipped me the new onesw at no extra charge. They guarantee satisfaction.

I paid $39.95.

I wore them riding in 35 degree tem and the kept me comfortable. I also have a heave duty ALL Leather jacket with stars n bars on it that cost me $69. It has removable liner and it very warm for our winter down here in the south.

I was very satisfied with all 3 purchases I have made there.

Just my :2cents:

:smile11:

Steve you could also try Kelehers, just off the 401 at exit 286 (townline road), south side of the road on the right.

They have some decent deals, and I have not had a problem with the service. I believe some people have but no I.

BRad

Thanks Brad

That was another place I was going to try.

Good to see you all made it home.

Steve

Steve you could also try Kelehers, just off the 401 at exit 286 (townline road), south side of the road on the right.

They have some decent deals, and I have not had a problem with the service. I believe some people have but no I.

BRad

Did you get a set? and buy them locally here in the KW area?

Steve

BRad

Did you get a set? and buy them locally here in the KW area?

Steve

I think Rhonda and I both got a set from Kelehers. I also bought my vest there. They had a tent sale and they were pretty cheap. I think they have a few sales per year, give them a call and ask, when there having their sale.

Brad

Before you go spend a bunch at retail try this site http://leatherup.com/ I have 2 or thier jackets and a pr of chaps from there. I love all 3 items a nd they were a lot cheaper than I expected. I saved a lot.

:wow::wow::sign outstanding::2cents:

I second this suggestion. I just bought a pair of lined chaps from leatherup.com a couple of months ago. The fit is true as long as you follow their suggestion to buy one size larger than you normally wear in pants. They are excellent quality and much cheaper than I found anywhere in the stealerships.