IGNORED

Stebel Horn Inside Fairing ? GPS question.

Though I have split the front fairing many times, I cannot remember whether there would be enough room in there to install a Stebel horn; could anyone enlighten me whether this would be possible? Also is the second horn inside the fairing? If yes that would be great.

That is because I do not really think the Stebel horn belongs/fits in place of the stock horn on the right side. The Stebel unit is too large to fit, with real close proximity to hot exhaust pipes, especially the electrical wire connectors.....:think:.

I installed a Stebel under the seat of my 08 Triumph Tiger and what a blast:yikes: !!!!!. This horn rocks:p.

My next question has to do with GPS. I have found a Garmin 2720 for $100, so I bought it. The text-to-speech will got thru the RSV audio system thru the AUX input which is split to presently allow Sirius radio and a small MP3, which I do not play at the same time:smilies6:. If I have the GPS text-to-speech connected and the GPS on, will the text-to-speech still be audible while I have the Sirius playing into the AUX input also ? Could having both plugged in and on (Sirius + GPS voice) induce any damage to the audio system such as overload and such ?:puzzled:

If having both plugged into AUX and turned on for music and directions is not recommended, I guess I would have to have the GPS connected to a seperate mono (one ear) earplug/helmet mini speaker.

Many Thanks for any info/experience with these very important matters......:bawling:

Cheerio

The second stock horn is in the lower left fairing. Most people put the stebel in the stock location on the right side and leave the one in the fairing alone. Thats what I did and it fits and looks fine IMO. No problem with wires getting hot after 2 yrs and 30K miles. Carbon One sells a bracket that allows the stebel to mount in the stock location or you can make one of your own. Also use a relay when you wire it up and it works better.

Many here have done it. I have one (Big Boy) and like it, but I am considering switching to the louder Stebel.

There's several threads about this. Here's one.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19130

Yup! It worked for me... here's another thread;

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33869

The new horn has come in handy already!

Very cool. I sure am happy I can just plug the Garmin into the aux and still get tunes.

Horn will probably go into front fairing....this horn is loud enough to go anywhere on the bike.

Thanks for the info, Gents.

Happy Trails. :680: