IGNORED

Dead cruise control after starter repair

Guest paru

Hope someone can help me. I removed my radiator on my 89 venture royale to get to the starter. I cleaned up the starter's interior in regards to the forum for dragging starters.

The starter and radiator work perfectly but now the cruise control doesn't work. Any ideas? the indicator light on the handel bars work and the set and resume lights come on and then go off as normal when I turn on the cruise but I can't set the cruise. I checked all the switches on the brakes and clutch.

help!

paru

Hope someone can help me. I removed my radiator on my 89 venture royale to get to the starter. I cleaned up the starter's interior in regards to the forum for dragging starters.

The starter and radiator work perfectly but now the cruise control doesn't work. Any ideas? the indicator light on the handel bars work and the set and resume lights come on and then go off as normal when I turn on the cruise but I can't set the cruise. I checked all the switches on the brakes and clutch.

help!

paru

Loose connection at the controll?????

things seem to be nice and tight. I wonder if somehow I disconnected a wire that runs in the general area of the radiator/starter or a vacum line?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a similar problem with my cruise just quiting for no apparent reason....

After checking the brack swithes and all the rest of the electrical, and vac pump etc, etc...I noticed my clutch lever had a good deal of slop in it....I took the bike out and tried the cruise and no go...I pushed against the clutch lever so it was all the way out and tried again and TA-DA!!!!! it worked...The bushings had worn to an egg shape and allowed the lever to stay off the dump switch just enough so that the switch was made all the time..

New lever and bushing nut for the hydraulic plunger and problem is gone.