IGNORED

Any jobs out there?

T-Paw

Hey guys I'm wondering if any of you work in the constuction field. Particularly Boilermakers, Ironworkers, Industrial Safety and such.

I was employed as a Safety Rep using my Paramedic/people skills to keep workers safe when I was was lucky (or not) enough to be hired as a Directional Driller. Then after a few months the company decided to lay of 650 at one time.

I am also a Boilermaker and have my book. So, if anyone knows of anything going on let me know.

Thanks

hi tony

i did not look at the sunday houston chronical job adds section. what about ingalls ship yard is that close to you? also city goverment always have bolier operator jobs in the bigger citys. what about steam power plants any close to you? will keep an eye out for you.

best reguards

don c.

Right now, TVA is not hiring for any of those positions, BUT there are several contractors who do our pipefitting and such. If you're a Boilermaker, then contact your Union to see what we have available.

I am a TVA Steam plant operator.

Actually we are so short of workers here that the province and 2 major cities here have polled together to set up a large presence in Toronto for the next few days in hopes of attracting some workers out here. Our economy is still growing and had a surplus in the provincial budget last month. Stats Canada was still projecting up to 2 % growth this year after over 6% last year.

If you need more info drop me a message and Ill try to help out where I can.

Heres a news article about it http://www.newstalk980.com/story/20090331/14244

Brian