IGNORED

eBay

Ivan

Would all you guys quit bidding against me on eBay? Every time I try and buy a part for $10, it runs up to $200 or something.

What did I ever do to you? :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::scratchchin::scratchchin: :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am with Ivan,, I think we should have a club policy that states if you are buying off Ebay - or anywhere - that we consider each other family and will that for not "bid" against each other!!! Sooo, if you have something on ebay you are bidding on you would post it on here and all the readers on VR would not bid against you..

Seeee, now this is way to handle Ebays nonsense without getting mad!! For all the crap ebay/paypal does to us it would sure be refreshing to have a website that promotes real familyness and fairness!!!

I will be the first to sign on!

'Puc

When you put in a low-ball bid, expect to be outbid, but sometimes you get lucky.

I have the best luck when the auction has misspelled words in the title e.g. Yammaha vice Yamaha.... the searches don't hit them so less people see the auction.

I will bid on 30 items and win one of them due to my low-ball bidding.

Just think about if you had something to sell and wanted to get what it was worth and there was a conspiracy to keep it from bringing fair market value. I think if you watch stuff on ebay you get pretty good idea of what it is actually worth. Now if a couple of extra wheels for a DR650 come up don't nobody be bidding against me. I don't want to have to take perfectly good tires off rims anymore just to switch from highway tread to knobbies.

If you post it here that you are bidding it will make searching easier. All I gotta do is watch ebay posts here to find what I need. With everyone else not bidding I will have an easier time. It's a great idea. Do it any way you wish, just be aware that not all bidders come her. It is also easy to use a shill bidder now with the bidder id kept confidential. You have to treat Ebay as an open auction just as any other auction. Know the value of the item, what you will pay and stick to that. To get a deal you need to find stuff that is listed wrong or misspelled as stated earlier. A properly listed item on Ebay will bring out bidders. Some just want it more than others.

Wow, it was just supposed to be a joke.

I have no idea how to tell who is bidding against me, since the names are scrambled. My eBay id should look like i****n, but comes out as anything, when I am not logged in. Last time I looked at an item and it said a****b or something was high bidder and I was irritated since I didn't get a notification email, and lo and behold after logging in, it was me after all. hehe.

Anyway, I am looking at plastic stuff, which is the most expensive stuff, since everything else is built like a tank.

Anyone see the lower fairing setup that went for almost $200? sheesh.

When bidding I use BayGenie. With this I can place the highest bid I am willing to pay for but the application will bid the minimum each time until I get to my max or I win the item. And it does that without me being at my computer.

Nice program. It paid for itself many times over already.

When bidding I use BayGenie. With this I can place the highest bid I am willing to pay for but the application will bid the minimum each time until I get to my max or I win the item. And it does that without me being at my computer.

Nice program. It paid for itself many times over already.

That kind of program would send me into bankruptcy. :hihi:

Ivan,

Not that it necessarily relates to what you were talking about, but there is an option that folks can use to see if on of the bidders is one of us. In our profiles it also gives our ebay screen names (if we decide to give that info) I also see that ebay has blocked out buyers names due to all the behind the scenes deals that it looses money on. Good luck with finding plastic, it almost always goes high and there are lots of guys looking for it.