IGNORED

Sons deploying

fixit3546

Jt has been activated and is at Camp Shelby now, he will be going too Oklahoma soon for training. from there i think he has some leave time home then to Afghanistan in July. I'll check on the dates.

Jake is leaving for Iraq from San Diego in the morning. Jake has had so much trouble with his soon to be X-WIFE calling his command to complain about one thing or the other. And from this and several NJP's (her phone calls and his attitude) He now holds the rank of PFC instead of L CPL.

Please keep my boys in your prayers.

If you would like to encourage them, I will send you their e-mail, just let me know.

Will keep them in our prayers. If you haven't yet bought a web camera you should. When my son was in Iraq he could use the web cams there. We were able to at least see each other when on line. The motions are alittle delayed when we were chatting via e-mail. I believe we were on Yahoo chat. It was good to be able to see him not just talk to him on the phone. Make sure there is Kleenex around for the women.:D

As a Desert Shield/Desert Storm Vet, I can tell you that they could REALLY use some care packages while they are there. When they get settled, maybe you can get their addresses for us, so some things can be sent. Those packeges really mean ALOT, and help with the morale and loneliness.

As a Desert Shield/Desert Storm Vet, I can tell you that they could REALLY use some care packages while they are there. When they get settled, maybe you can get their addresses for us, so some things can be sent. Those packeges really mean ALOT, and help with the morale and loneliness.

Couldn't agree more, the care packages were the lifeline, athough the webmail is kinda cool these days. As always thank you to your young men for their service to our country. If they want some email pals let us know, I'd be more than happy to keep in corrispondence with them.

My stepson is in Afganistan, he asked for socks since their feet are constantly wet, now he can wear and chuck. Also loved lip balm and pocket sized games, frisbee. computer access has been limited as has regular mail (they get packages but no9t letters). supposedly they are out now and won't have computer access for the next couple of months. We have gotten maybe three sat phone calls from him since deployment. Mostly they just work, eat and sleep. Wish him god speed!

Tell 'em to keep thier eyes open and their guns clean. They can't trust anyone over there but the guys in their unit. My best wishes for their safe return.

My daughter is currently serving in Afghan. As a couple of people stated before, the care packages are greatly appreciated. We always try to include some extra stuff that she can share with either her fellow soldiers or with the local kids. I haven't heard her voice in 6 months, but the e-mail is a god-send. And helping her resolve issues here in the states is even more appreciated, I think - taxes, billing problems, etc.

Good luck to all of you.

Tell your sons we're all very proud of them and behind them 100%. I'm a good writer, and have become an expert care package sender. Please post what they would like, and we'll definitely get it sent.

Peeps: You can get a flat rate box at the Post Office that's about 12 x 12 inch square, 6 inches deep and pack everything you can in it - for only $11.95.