IGNORED

Just bought these... what do ya think?

07venture

Just Bought these Mufflers on Ebay, what do ya think? A while back I posted about low power on my venture, especially on the highway... started to look into it and realized my mufflers (off Roadling?) are very different side to side. one is almost straight through and the other has almost a cup in it with holes drilled in the sides for airflow. Maybe I have to much back pressure or to little airflow on the side with the "cup" or dead end in it.

I'm really hoping they sound like these. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eHD2pqzQ28]watch video clip[/ame]

Edited by 07venture
change link

Cool Beans.......I mean mufflers.........

I would like to see a pic or two (from the rear) with them installed on your bike.

I would like to see (in comparison), the width of the mufflers v/s the width of the side bags.

Sounds to me like Road King pipes that were not drilled out correctly is what you currently have on your bike. The Road King pipes have that cup you are talking about, but if I remember correctly they both have the same cup in them. It has been a long time since I had them on my bike.

The ones in the vid do sound good though.

That's not me in the video, I found that on you tube. I just thought his exhaust sounded good. I'll try to post a picture for you Eck when I have them installed. They said 7 days shipping... The snow is not melted here yet anyways! I think the oval coming out under the bags should look good. Looking at the bike they will line up just inside the bags on the inner edge. The oval is 2"x51/2".

I would like to see pictures as well. Also, I'd like to know if they have a screw about 2" from the end of the exhaust.

Those look and sound close to what I've got on my bike and I've never been able to identify them.

I noticed something after I watched the movie peg that I did not realize the first time I watched it.

The attached photos of the mufflers are different in shape than the mufflers in the movie peg.

The mufflers in the photos have an "elongated / oval" aft end and the V&Hines mufflers in the movie page are round / slanted.

I'm not sure if the difference in "shape" will make a difference in sound.

FLB,

I fully understand that, and that is why I mentioned what I did about the different shape.

The same sound he wants may NOT be achieved due to the difference in shape is all I am saying my friend.

:thumbsup2:

The video was posted to show the sound that he wanted.

The pipes that were bought are not Vance and Hines.

Edited by Eck

It always seems to be a "crap shoot" when dealing with sound from past experiences. I'm hoping they will look good, flow good and hopefully sound good. Waiting on UPS for now, hopefully they didn't send them on "the slowest ship in the shipping business".