IGNORED

Local Bank Robbed Today!!!

bj66

Times must be gettin tough. The local small town bank got robbed this afternoon. Don't have all the specifics, other than they caught the guys. They made it about 60 miles away. As far as I know nobody got hurt. They never think that a small town bank will be tough, but they never realize that the locals know everybody in town, and can spot something out of place right away. Police got a great description and didnt take long to get them.

Town is located south of Aberdeen. I guess they put the employees in the vault etc. The police caught them heading east of aberdeen approx 20 miles or so from the interstate. Put out a spike strip.

Only one holdup today? I'm moving there ASAP! It's nuts here in Omaha. The best one today was a holdup attempt at a gas station where an police officer was filling his car at the pump. The robber didn't notice the officer was standing behind him when he pulled the gun. Didn't work out so well for the bad guy. LOL!

I never said these crooks were bright........just a lot of them here.

Only one holdup today? I'm moving there ASAP! It's nuts here in Omaha. The best one today was a holdup attempt at a gas station where an police officer was filling his car at the pump. The robber didn't notice the officer was standing behind him when he pulled the gun. Didn't work out so well for the bad guy. LOL!

I never said these crooks were bright........just a lot of them here.

I would have loved to see the cashiers face when the "dumb crook" pulled the gun right in front of the cop! LOL That would have to make the "Americas Funniest Home Video's"!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We will wait and see where these guys came from, locals or otherwise, many in Sioux Falls think the small towns are Barney Fifes.

Too bad!!

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=0,81928

Unfortunately many names on the Police Memorial Wall in DC are officers from small towns such as Sioux Falls. Small town cops may not have all the training and equipment as some bigger agencies but that doesn't stop the officers from dying in the same way as their brethren in the larger departments.

I'm not criticizing what you said, just pointing this out.

I guess the guys were illegal aliens from the Denver area. Doesnt take long to get that far when you get out on the open road right away. The town is only about 300 people. Located 10 miles from a town of of about 35000. If you can avoid the big town right away, you can make good time. It said on the news last night, that they looked on purpose for a small town isolated bank. Thought that it would be easy. That is the 3rd time the bank has been robbed since the early 70's. Nobody has gotten away yet. all of em have been caught.