16 members have voted

1. 1. What brand c/t do you run now?

• B F Goodrich
    • Federal
    • Kumho
    • Nexum
    • Vredestein
    • Other

Since many of us are running car tires now and there seems to be more interest almost daily, I think a poll may be in order to determine the most popular make of tire.

I think this would be benificial to all of us for safety reasons and to help determine longevity of wear.

Jeff

jeff good idea as saw todays post from lowell, didn't know the federal tire sidewall was 1-ply. but it seems no one else has had the same problem as lowell. i was going to use a federal as my next choice of tire because of it being a 165. installed my bfg (155) before i knew a 165 would fit. but will now look at other 165's when i have to change out my rear tire. may not be until next year, as my bfg is wearing in the middle and not on the sides.

best reguards

don c. :clap2:

Don, the Federal still has a more rigid sidewall than the Kumho. I don't know why that would be, if they are both one ply, but I checked them side by side when I was buying and that's why I chose it over the Kumho.

I have developed a slow leak somewhere with my Federal, but have not been able to find it yet. After seeing what happened to Lowell, I will be looking a lot harder for it before I ride again.

It will be several days yet because I just had back surgery last week and I'm not able to do much yet.

As soon as I find where the leak is (nail, bead, valve stem or wherever), I will let everyone know.

I like the c/t, but we are doing something different and we need to keep everyone aware of any potential problems.

I may start a thread or some type of post where anyone who has had any problem can list it for others to check. No lengthy post allowed, just a fact or two so that it doesn't get lost in all the clutter and chatter.

What do you think? I would like suggestions and input from everyone who is interested.

Jeff

jeff

sounds good to me. i want to be informed as much as possible. i want everyone who crosses over to the darkside and/or thinking about it to be safe. i think there has been 1 or 2 who has tired the c/t and didn't like it. that's really ok, they tried it and reported back to us. but i'am happy with my decision. looks like their are 14 of us and a couple on the sides lines wating for their rear m/t to wear out so they can install a c/t.

be carefull with your back, their's time for every thing.

best reguards

don c. :happy65:

I have a BFG on now but it's about bald after 13,000 miles. That's almost twice what I usually get out of a motorcycle tire. I have a Federal on order. I'm also going to be in need of new mufflers soon. I've managed to drag holes in the right side muffler.

I'm also going to be in need of new mufflers soon. I've managed to drag holes in the right side muffler.

Dragging your mufflers, eh? But I thought CTs couldn't corner.

I haven't looked into the Vredestein tire myself, but right off, the brand looks to be a better quality than some of our other options.

I have learned of another tire that should fit. The Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR, part number 6652, 26X6.00R15LT. I have to think this would be a real high quality tire. It won't be the least expensive tire though. Cool looking tread pattern, and symmetrical too.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/street.php?item=SportsmanSR

I like the looks of the M/T tire. It's slightly less than a 1/2" shorter though. Really wouldn't make any difference to me, in fact, the lower final gear ratio would help.

Pricing is close to the Vredestein, which was going to be my next tire. Now it may be the M/T!