I have problems starting my bike when it's warm(hot) It seems like the battery is dead but the battery tests good and I tried a differnt starter

I remember seeing something about updated battery cables awhile back

Yup, there is a change over happening, at the moment. In a couple of cases this did not cure it, but it helps in most cases.

Also previously, there had been some discussion, of removing the lower front cover below the radiator, to allow more airflow to the starter. This could be done as a test, to see if your starter is getting too hot, from normal engine running.

You got it right.

It's all in the cables. I put on a pair of Squidleys 4ga cables last Fri, and today rode most of the day and stopped quite frequently and it started right up every time.

Look for the post about the cables. Someone else is going to start making the cables.

Steve

• 6 months later...

TupperJ has started making the cables. I bought a set with red positive cable. Looks nice on the bike. Even with cold weather, I can tell a difference on how must faster the bike starts. Ground cable routed in just like original. Positive I had to route up through the frame (after going behind faring) differently as the original routes in a tight area where the bigger cables just couldn't be turned or pushed through without fear of damaging the insulation. However, it worked out to be a straighter shot to the relay after coming over the frame. It was about 4 inches further forward where I came up between the faring mount and bike frame.

These are well worth the money.

Here is the post

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12714

TupperJ is going to start making the cables since I have decided to quit doing it. He should be up and rolling soon, but thats who you would need to contact.

hey , brad.

do you remember off hand, the lengths of cables , needed???

i have "access", to both black and red, 4 ga., but i don't know how much to "appropriate".

just jt

hey , brad.

do you remember off hand, the lengths of cables , needed???

i have "access", to both black and red, 4 ga., but i don't know how much to "appropriate".

just jt

36" on the starter & ground leads, about 6" for the battery to starter relay.