IGNORED

Good time to buy a morgan Carbtune

I just got mine for $80.00 shipped brand new. the British pound is falling and the dollar is not falling so badly. I got a new one shipped for what most guys are asking for their used ones.

I heard about the dollar getting stronger on the world market just yesterday, and can't figure it out. Maybe RSV's will start getting more affordable That's a great price for a CarbTune.... For anyone on the fence now's the time to buy before they figure out that the dollar ain't worth much either......... That may be the reason crude oil is still down.

nothing special. just reallllly long screwdrivers. the longer the better if you dont want to remove all the lower fairing parts. I have a 18" long 1/4 inch flat head that works perfect on my 83.

Oh long nose bent pliers to remove the clips holding on the rubber plugs on the vac ports.

One thing you should know. 1st the carbtune is an excellent item for carb syncing. 2nd, it works on a leak principle. Meaning when connected , it is not just a vacuum that raises the rods but the air traveling around under and over the rods. A vacuum alone on a solid object cannot defy gravity.There is a small hole under each rod which causing a slight lean condition. As the air rushes thru this tiny hole under and around the rod it is raised. JUST remember not to tune your low speed screws with this device connected. I have one...I like it.

A vacuum alone on a solid object cannot defy gravity..

I do not know whether morgan carbtunes leak or not, but your statement is completely false.

A vacuum on one side of an object can lift an object. So long as the difference in pressure, multiplied by the surface area of the pressure is higher than the mass of the object.

So, take a 10lb bowling ball, touch a 1.5" vacuum hose to the ball. It will take 10lbs/(pi*(0.75"^2))=5.659psi of vacuum to lift the bowling ball. Or if you have a typical household vacuum that can create 1/2psi of vacuum it will take 20 square inches or just little bit larger than a 2.5" hose to lift that same bowling ball.

Take that same vacuum, a system that doesnt leak, and a large enough surface area and you can lift tons.

Need another example? I have a thermometer hanging on my front window with a suction cup. Using vacuum only, that thermometer defies gravity all year long.

Edited by Gregory Gill

I ordered one a week ago and recived it yesterday. I synced the carbs on my 1982 Yamaha xj750 that I have been working on the past few months.

They were way out of sync and after setting them the bike really runs great. No more stumble and quick throttle responce.

I'm very happy with the product and the quick shipping.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip on the exchange rate! I went ahead and ordered one today, I've been thinking about one for years and just never got around to buying it. This will be great for my '79 GS1000E inline 4 and the V4 Venture I hope to buy this summer!

• 2 weeks later...