IGNORED

Wanted: Stock OEM handlebars for 2nd Gen.

jarrejx

It has been almost one (1) year and 8K miles since I purchased MyPalomino from a dealer in NJ. Bike previously belonged to member Joe McDermott who owned it for a short period of time, during which time he widened the handlebars. Probably to accommodate for his height and arm reach. I have learned to ride MyPalomino with the bar setup and have been quite comfortable with them, however, every time I ride YamaQman's '01 RSV with stock bars and grips, I feel a greater sense of confidence, control and oneness with the bike. The attached photo shows my current setup.

I want to change to the stock setup. Does anyone have or know someone who may have a set of stock handlebars with stock grips and weights that they are willing to part with? I have posted a WTB ad in the classified section of this forum but thought I would restate my quest here in order give my request greater exposure and to get any opinions and advice concerning my intended swap out.

I have read several of the old threads concerning the installation of Flanders bars but are there any precautions or surprises I should look out for when installing the stock bars? I guess first order of business is to find a set of bars. I hope someone here can help. As I said in the ad, I would consider buying bars separately from weights and grips, as I have seen those listed for sale on ebay fairly frequently. Hopefully, I can get the complete setup from one source.

Feel free to PM or contact me through any method on my forum profile. Thanks for any assistance.

Jerry

Here is the link for the thread in which the PO discusses what he did to the bars.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15073

Apparently, he just pressed them wider by 2 1/2 inches. You can definitely feel the difference from the stock bars. The cables appear to be stock. I would consider a straight up trade, provided we can work out logistics for doing the swap and that it can be done before Kentucky Lake fishing trip in early to mid-April and I don't find any other bars before then. If I happen to find a set of stock bars and install them on MyPalomino, you would be more than welcome to test and keep my present bars, if they work for you. Free of charge provided you could pick them up or pay cost of shipping.

Let me hear from you after you read the linked post. Also be advised that the grips on my bars are much fatter than the stock grips.

Jerry

• 3 months later...

If you are still looking for a set of original bars and endweights, I do have both of those available for you. They are from a 08 tour deluxe and are in mint shape if you are still interested. I switched to the Flanders bars and the originals are just sitting in the garage. Get in touch with a price you are willing to pay and I could get them shipped out to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Dalkopa wrote:

"If you are still looking for a set of original bars and endweights, I do have both of those available for you. They are from a 08 tour deluxe and are in mint shape if you are still interested. I switched to the Flanders bars and the originals are just sitting in the garage. Get in touch with a price you are willing to pay and I could get them shipped out to you."

Sorry, but forgot to update this thread. Purchased set of bars, weights & grips several weeks ago and install completed. Feels great and I have even greater confidence in ability to control this machine. Had a hard brake incident last week when cage pulled out in front of me. I am convinced that new bar setup allowed me to maintain control and keep the bike upright through 40 yards or so of fish-tailing, as well as avoid collision w/ the uncaring cager. Almost certain that this manuever would have been less likely with my former bar setup.

Dalkopa, thanks for your time and your offer.

Jerry