IGNORED

Carb Maintenance in North Texas

Just makin' an offer here - If there are a couple of members that want to get together at my place near the DFW airport to do a little maintenance, we can do kind of a mini carb clinic. Things like set float levels, sync and fuel mixture. Synching carbs only takes 10 minutes or so, but if we set float levels that would be 3-5 hours, depending on drinking and bench racing time.

I enjoy working on bikes, and especially with good company. I suggested a couple of members just because I'd like to maximize the efficiency - we could do two or three bikes at the same time, but not much more than that. All you need to bring is some beer and a willingness to work. I'm not offering to be your mechanic, just help you and provide some experience (but if you want someone to do it for you instead of with you, we can negotiate a fair charge)! Just lemme know if anyone is interested,

Goose

Oh, I also have a standing offer to help members change tires . . .

Just makin' an offer here - If there are a couple of members that want to get together at my place near the DFW airport to do a little maintenance, we can do kind of a mini carb clinic. Things like set float levels, sync and fuel mixture. Synching carbs only takes 10 minutes or so, but if we set float levels that would be 3-5 hours, depending on drinking and bench racing time.

I enjoy working on bikes, and especially with good company. I suggested a couple of members just because I'd like to maximize the efficiency - we could do two or three bikes at the same time, but not much more than that. All you need to bring is some beer and a willingness to work. I'm not offering to be your mechanic, just help you and provide some experience (but if you want someone to do it for you instead of with you, we can negotiate a fair charge)! Just lemme know if anyone is interested,

Goose

Oh, I also have a standing offer to help members change tires . . .

I would be interested in checking/setting the carbs to maximize gas mileage. I have a set of mercury sticks that I used to sync my carbs and would willing to help anyone with that task. I am located in Garland and drive a 2005 RSTD.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Goose, I would love to take you up on your offer! :superman:I have an '06 RSTD and want to learn how to change tires, carb sync, and carb mixture:pushups:. I'll have to order the tires but can get with you any weekend that works for you after they arrive. Maybe some others would like to learn these same things? We can all cordinate a day that works. What tools do I need to purchase? (for future tire changes, carb sync's and fuel mixtures).:think:

p.s. what kind of beer?

OK, time's a-wasting. I have heard from a number of you about getting together for this, so we need to set a date for everybody to plan on. I think I'll be on the road the last half of March and the first week of April, so that takes out a big chunk of time.

Let's try this - how about next weekend, March 7th or 8th? I know that is probably way too soon to make any plans, but it is the only thing available before I head out for the VentureRide around Texas. If that doesn't work, than maybe we could do either April 18th or 19th?

Let me hear from you in this thread so we can begin to see what works for the most people who want to come. And don't be shy about throwing out alternative dates. I don't mind possible doing this on a couple of separate dates if that is what it takes.

Goose

OK, time's a-wasting. I have heard from a number of you about getting together for this, so we need to set a date for everybody to plan on. I think I'll be on the road the last half of March and the first week of April, so that takes out a big chunk of time.

Let's try this - how about next weekend, March 7th or 8th? I know that is probably way too soon to make any plans, but it is the only thing available before I head out for the VentureRide around Texas. If that doesn't work, than maybe we could do either April 18th or 19th?

Let me hear from you in this thread so we can begin to see what works for the most people who want to come. And don't be shy about throwing out alternative dates. I don't mind possible doing this on a couple of separate dates if that is what it takes.

Goose

If the weather's nice, next weekend is supposed to be the inauguaral trip out in my new Time Out Camper.

OK, based on two responses, let's get together next Saturday, March 7th. Anytime after 0800 is fine. My address is

5906 Highland Hills Lane

Colleyville Texas 76034

I'm just north of Hall Johnson Road, near Highway 26. Cell phone is 817-939-9155

Lookin forward to it,

Goose

OK, based on two responses, let's get together next Saturday, March 7th. Anytime after 0800 is fine. My address is

5906 Highland Hills Lane

Colleyville Texas 76034

I'm just north of Hall Johnson Road, near Highway 26. Cell phone is 817-939-9155

Lookin forward to it,

Goose

Dang, won't be able to make it. The wife just made reservations for the Cleburne State Park for friday and saturday. Yall have fun.

I just wanted to say "thanks" to Moakster, Ponch, and Goose for a great day of fixing up my baby:thumbsup2:.

New tires front and back (Avon Venoms), rear brakes, carb sync,and CO check!

All this with some great stories, helpful tips, and gaining some useful knowledge too. :thumbsup:Good company,cold beer, cool tunes, and motorcycles...it don't get any better than that!!! :happy65:

I look forward to our next get together!:happy34:

ps Goose, enjoy your trip around Texas with your brother!:Venture: