IGNORED

big raise today

Snarley Bill

even though there are hard times i got a great raise today. about $150.00 dollars a month. i turned my wifes hay burner (horse) out in the pasture. we had to put her in a stall for the winter cuz of an injury to her hoof. my wife loves her , i look at her as 1000 lbs. of meat when i move into my refridgerator box, and i don't have to shovel those little oval horse things anymore. oh happy day. :clap2::clap2::clap2::2133: ps. really i do like horses just getting a little old to ride and train them any more. you think a bike will fold spindle and mutilate you, just train horses for awhile. i've got broken ribs and a collar bone to prove it. :depressed:

I grew up riding horses and bikes. Finally figured out that the bike don't think on its own. So I quit riding those other things.....
ya, i agree it's to bad those other idiots out there have a mind of their own. just wish they were capable of using it. maybe we could relax and enjoy the ride. :depressed: :sign29:

Owned and Broke Horses for Trail riding myself for awhile. Loved to ride, just couldn't afford it. Boy a bike is cheap compared to and eating/pooping machine :rotfl:

I also have the breaks to prove it too. legs, arms, shoulders, & feet stepped on too many times to remember:crying:. At least to date, my MC has never run over my foot.:rasberry:

I cleaned horse stalls and walked horses after the races in the early 60's.

Does anyone remember Ascot Park that was on Rt 8 North Randall Ohio?

Ascot Park was a thoroughbred track.... no cars or trucks.

It was purchased by the City of Akron then annexed to Akron in their expansion or merger of Northampton and Cuyahoga Falls.

It is now an industrial park.

Interestingly enough, one of the old corner observation towers is now situated on a property on Graham Road, not too far west of Kriegers Ranch Market.

The very last page of this history link shows the track...

(might need to copy & paste link in search block to view)

http://mredshistorythings.blogspot.com/

We just bought a walker this weekend. Nice little horse, no papers so you know its a keeper :doh:. Anyway Karen's last horse died unexpectedly and she's been looking for the right one for about 9 months. Now she can't tell me I ride to much anymore :banana:. They are a lot of fun but a ton of work too. But yeah they cost plenty along the way. Danimal

even though there are hard times i got a great raise today. about $150.00 dollars a month. i turned my wifes hay burner (horse) out in the pasture. we had to put her in a stall for the winter cuz of an injury to her hoof. my wife loves her , i look at her as 1000 lbs. of meat when i move into my refridgerator box, and i don't have to shovel those little oval horse things anymore. oh happy day. :clap2::clap2::clap2::2133: ps. really i do like horses just getting a little old to ride and train them any more. you think a bike will fold spindle and mutilate you, just train horses for awhile. i've got broken ribs and a collar bone to prove it. :depressed:

My brother refers to them as 40MPH sh1t spreaders:banana::clap2::clap2::clap2:

My brother refers to them as 40MPH sh1t spreaders:banana::clap2::clap2::clap2:
i refer to them as a hole in the pasture you throw money into. seriously i still love horses. we showed quarter horses for years. had a boarding barn and did alot of horse trading untill a few years ago. even had a tack shop for awhile. trained a lot of horses, but had to face the fact i just ain't as agile as i once was. when i started making money with the horses it seemed like the fun started going away. it became a job like anything else than. bill :2133: