IGNORED

Different AM/FM for RSV

Bigfoot

Apologies if there is a topic already discussing this but I couldn't find it. I'd like to replace the AM/FM on my 04 RSV. I can't stand the one currently on the bike and would like to find something easier to use. When traveling I'd like to be able to hit a scan button like I do in my car. The one on the bike now is still confusing to use and it's time to go.

Has anyone here replaced the stock system with something better. One that won't take a lot of modifications as that is not my cup of tea. I don't mind the speakers on the bike although they could always be better. My issue is with the radio.

Definitely the Radio bites! I always use a MP3 player. I purchased a GPS that has 10gig of space for MP3s. I have my whole CD Collection loaded on it and never run out of music I like to listen to and no repeats! I hard wired it into the stock stereo (used the aux port that was for the 2.5mm jack in with the cassette).

Definitely the Radio bites! I always use a MP3 player. I purchased a GPS that has 10gig of space for MP3s. I have my whole CD Collection loaded on it and never run out of music I like to listen to and no repeats! I hard wired it into the stock stereo (used the aux port that was for the 2.5mm jack in with the cassette).

I'm behind the times. I don't have an ipod or an MP3 player. Don't even know how to load one if I did.

Even I can load a MP3 player with music and use it on my RSV.

I agree that Clarion made using the radio a PITA but they did try to use as few buttons as possible to get the job done. Look at the radio control on a Honda Valkyrie Interstate.... WOW it has a LOT of buttons!!!!!

Purchasing a MP3 Player will probably cost you less than the cost of a new head unit and any unit will not be able to use the controls that are on the left hand grip.... also you would probably loose the integrated CB radio which is quite useful in group rides.

I picked up a 2 GB MP3 player for not a lot of $$$$ and Velcroed it to the front brake master cylinder. Easy to use and I can take it off and use it when I am not riding the bike.

If you do want to replace the head unit, I would recommend you look at the units in the H-D Ultra Classic to retain the CB functionality, but you might have to buy a lot of expensive parts...

The 'seek' function works OK on the radio. If you hold the up/down toggle for a second or so, it will 'seek' in that direction and lock onto the next station. There is no 'scan' feature.

Just don't release the up/down toggle too soon or it will just go to the next programmed station.

Don't know of any other radios available for the RSV. However, any radio that has a 3.5 mm outlet can be used. Plug it in next to the cassette and put your control on Aux.

RR