IGNORED

crazy peaple on the road today........

painterman67

Be carefull out there everybody. Although it was a bit cold today I decided to take the bike for a ride. Just after I got on the highway a trailer came lose from a truck in front of me. No big deal as I was cruising along and had plenty of time to react and move to the farthest lane.

Heres where the fun began. After I moved over, a kid with his head in a cell pjone moved over on me. Says he never saw me.

He put me on the shoulder of the road and almost hit the guard rail. luckily I had already slowed down or that would have been the case. The kid actually hit the guard rail. All of this was caused by the driver of the truck useing the wrong size ball on the truck hitch. 2 inch instead of 2 and 5/16.

No one was hurt thankfully, but the kid and the driver of the truck got tickets. Failer to yield wright of way for the kid and failer to properly retrain a load for the truck.

Please all,be carefull out there in a cage or on 2 wheels. I feel very lucky to be here now. I dont claim my prowless on the bike or the bike itself had anything to do with that. I just think my angels were looking out for daddy .

Be safe and good riding.

David :fingers-crossed-emo

Glad you were observant and avoided an accident........now you stlll have an undamaged bike to put your new plate holder on.:Venture:

Be carefull out there everybody. Although it was a bit cold today I decided to take the bike for a ride. Just after I got on the highway a trailer came lose from a truck in front of me. No big deal as I was cruising along and had plenty of time to react and move to the farthest lane.

Heres where the fun began. After I moved over, a kid with his head in a cell pjone moved over on me. Says he never saw me.

He put me on the shoulder of the road and almost hit the guard rail. luckily I had already slowed down or that would have been the case. The kid actually hit the guard rail. All of this was caused by the driver of the truck useing the wrong size ball on the truck hitch. 2 inch instead of 2 and 5/16.

No one was hurt thankfully, but the kid and the driver of the truck got tickets. Failer to yield wright of way for the kid and failer to properly retrain a load for the truck.

Please all,be carefull out there in a cage or on 2 wheels. I feel very lucky to be here now. I dont claim my prowless on the bike or the bike itself had anything to do with that. I just think my angels were looking out for daddy .

Be safe and good riding.

David :fingers-crossed-emo

where you been, those crazies are out there 24-7, 365 days a year. it's called the fast lane, or trying to pack two life times in one. still glad i'm as old as i am. guess i just ain't cut out to be in the fast lane. i like to smell the roses. snarley bill :depressed: :2133:

Yea Bill I know they are they all the time. I was just in the need to vent as the next stop after I got back on the bike was a Walmart. had to check to see if I needed new undies.

Getting back on the bike was scary enough after twenty years off a bike due to deamons in my head after a bad wreck. This time was similiar but my mind was made up yo get back on and ride.

And I'm getting to old for the fast lane too.

Be safe and keep on two wheels.

Unless you like wheelies,

David

Yea Bill I know they are they all the time. I was just in the need to vent as the next stop after I got back on the bike was a Walmart. had to check to see if I needed new undies.

Getting back on the bike was scary enough after twenty years off a bike due to deamons in my head after a bad wreck. This time was similiar but my mind was made up yo get back on and ride.

And I'm getting to old for the fast lane too.

Be safe and keep on two wheels.

Unless you like wheelies,

David

people need to slow down, not only on the road but in every day life. they are so over booked anymore they don't even have time for family life and spending time with their kids. be careful out there these people have a hard time seeing you with a big mac stuck in there face, or when they are dialing the phone. now we have to cope with texting what ever that is. next there will be a computer keyboard built in to the steering wheel. what has happened to the human race. or is that rat race. really a sad situation. :depressed:

Nice footwork Dave!!

I had a similar situation (without the accident) in FL last year where a woman just moved into my left lane (no turn signals of course) while I was beside her and almost drove me into the median... I hit the rumble strip, the stebel air horn and the brakes at he same time and the Stebel moved her back over... Stebel air horn = the best 40 bucks I've spent and I don't leave home without it..

Lucky day for you. Imagine a 2 lane road when an oncoming vehicle loses a trailer. As a bike rider, I'm sure you know we have to be VERY aware of our surroundings.

Been there, was on a bridge too, 2 seconds faster and Lonna and I would have been dead. Always be aware of your surroundings

:happy34: