Has anyone bypassed the switch, how would you connect the blue/yellow blue/black wires to they simply need a closed connection between them or to the need power... Would love an answer please as I've been all over the site and haven't been able to find a clear answer just reference to the fact that they supply the coils spark plugs etc

Has anyone bypassed the switch, how would you connect the blue/yellow blue/black wires to they simply need a closed connection between them or to the need power... Would love an answer please as I've been all over the site and haven't been able to find a clear answer just reference to the fact that they supply the coils spark plugs etc

With my handy dandy "keyless ignition by-pass relay harness" I make a plug and play by pass set up. Have you tried cleaning the switch contacts by taking the switch apart. Yamaha for some reason decided to run all the initial power when you flip the key up thru the switch. All that amperage burns the contacts in switch. Usually you can get away with cleaning and dressing the contacts and installing just my relay and be problem free for years. If your convinced you want the keyless set up I can make those. Both systems are a plug and play set up. PM me here if you are interested.

Cmike,

That was a great write up on wiring the passing lights. Do you have any pictures or a diagram of how you wired it and which wires go to the relay/3 way switch? I was able to wire the ignition bypass using a relay per Carbon1's instructions. I'm sure my passing lights are not wired through a relay and they stay on with low and high beam headlights.