IGNORED

Help with tire sizes

Guest texasyamahamama

Guest texasyamahamama

My son has a 2005 Honda Shadow Spirit. The tires on it are front 110/80/19 and the back is 160/80/15. Can anyone help me out on other tire sizes that will fit this bike? I haven't had much luck finding these in anything other than Bridgestone and would like to buy him some Avons or Continentals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jackie

Jackie

I just googled that bike and the tire sizes you listed are differant from what was listed in the specs from the site I went to.

It lists the tire sizes as....Front 110/90-19 and Rear 170/80-15.

That could make a differance in your search for the right tire. Southwest moto are great to deal with for getting tires and have the sizes I listed for each brand you mentioned.

Sorry...those tire sizes I posted are for the 1100cc, the 750cc have the ones you posted.

Edited by sarges46
Cause I messed up the info!

Tough tires!! At BikeBandit.com I found some Pirelli or Avon AV45's for the front and only Maxxis for the rear. Americanmototire.com has Avon and Continental for the front and also Maxxis for the rear. I might be concerned with how long they've been on the shelf.

Best of luck!

My son has a 2005 Honda Shadow Spirit. The tires on it are front 110/80/19 and the back is 160/80/15. Can anyone help me out on other tire sizes that will fit this bike? I haven't had much luck finding these in anything other than Bridgestone and would like to buy him some Avons or Continentals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jackie

Several companies make the 110/90H-19 for front. Michelin, Avon, Continental, Dunlop.

Its just a little taller tire, but should work just fine on the front.

I found Maxxis Classic M6011, 160/80-15 H rateing. for rear.

Also, for Rear, there are several 170/80H-15 tires made, If there is clearance for the small amount of added width. Measure the Clearance, a 170 might work.

I found 7 Mfgr's that supply this size.

Also, the 150/90H-15 Should work, a bit narrower then the stock size, but should also work. Again, about 6 companies supply this size.

Tough tires!! At BikeBandit.com I found some Pirelli or Avon AV45's for the front and only Maxxis for the rear. Americanmototire.com has Avon and Continental for the front and also Maxxis for the rear. I might be concerned with how long they've been on the shelf.

Best of luck!

Can anyone give us a refresher on date codes, what the numbers mean and where to find them? I can never remember that stuff.

Brian

Guest texasyamahamama

Thank you gentlemen for the help. You guys are the best. I assume that the first number in the tire size is the wideth and the second one is the heighth. Is this correct?

Jackie

If bike tires are consistent with car tires, then the first number is the width, the second number is the height reflected as a percentage of the width and the final number is the rim diameter. So - your 110/80-19 would be 110 wide with an 88 sidewall and fit a 19 inch rim.

Tartan Terror should be able to correct this information if I'm wrong.

Dave