IGNORED

Maybe considered rehash

vicco27

In the not too distant past, someone posted that having the rear end gears re-setup when using a Ford 7.5" rear end in a Yamaha VR or equivalent trike project was mandatory. Upon whoever it was freaking me out, I stopped working on the trike until I could get a chance to pull the rear end (mine is an independent rear end) Anyway...upon removing it, pulling the inspection cover, and using Prussian blue on the gear set and rotating them in the proper direction, I found out I had freaked out over nothing. The proper imprint pattern was better turning them this direction than it had been when they were in the Cougar I took them out of. My point is, don't freak out over this same situation until you've had the gear set checked for proper imprint. You may not have to spend anything except a gasket and some lube. Now I can continue with my project feeling much more comfortable. I'm not saying the person's post was bad--and I appreciate the post because it made me stop and think about something I hadn't considered--but it isn't necessarily something to freak out about. Just have it checked, you may be okay like I am.

I'm the poster about running gears in reverse. I went through 3 rearends before finding the problem. The rears I was using (Pinto) DID NOT have a good mesh on back side. I found this after checking the 4th one. Reset mesh and that one lasted. Last I knew it had over 20,000 on it. POINT IS - you checked BEFORE just running that way. Now you can rest easy your rear won't leave you stranded. Trike-on!

Thanks again for the original post about checking gears. I hadn't thought of checking mine until you brought it up. Checking mine was a pain in the butt, but they checked out fine so all's well that ends well. Hopefully other people will read this and take the precaution of checking, or having their gears checked, FIRST and then not have any problems.

Again, a big thanks for the post and good luck.