IGNORED

Back From Hannigan

GunnyButch

Jeff,

I have an internal antenna in the fairing for am/fm and I took the cb ant off. It was about 5 years ago the last time I used the cb and with cell phones and gps I don't use it. When I set up the installation I meant to have them not put the holes for the antenna but forgot now I have to find some rubber body plugs for them. If you don't want the holes talk to Tim at Hannigan and he can let production know to fill them in. Are you taking it to Murry or somewhere else?

Holding the bike up wasn't a factor in my decision for a trike, I'm 55 and still in pretty good condition. I wanted something different and always liked the look of the trikes and really didn't want to get rid of the RSV. I preferred Hannigan's design over the other conversions but they only came out last year with an RSV model. I seriously considered one of the Stallions but $33K brought me back to earth.

I will be going through my dealer , there in the trike biz, but just

became authorized dealers for hannigen trikes , the owner

and his crew are going up for training for there kits in 2 weeks

then we are good to go.! they also have the bring one bike

with them, I am hoping it will be mine *BWG*

• 3 weeks later...

I got the trike back from the painter yesterday and got it cleaned up and put back together. Now I can consider it finished. All I need now is some sunshine and a couple days off to ride. I still have some parts if anyone is interested, saddlebags are already gone though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/gunnybutch/FINISHED8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/gunnybutch/FINISHED7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/gunnybutch/FINISIHED6.jpg

Oh , I forgot to ask you something, what if I you need to work

under the rear section (the trike body) like brakes ect..

Does the body come off fairly easy? If so how?.

I am also wondering if there hitch system is kinda hidden (have you seen one?)

or if I will be able to remove the ball from the receiver or not.

Thanks,

Jeff

I haven't seen how the hitch is attached but I think it would be a continuation of the frame tubing across the rear. You won't need to remove the body for anything I can think of, the brakes are easily accessable from the side. I bled my brakes last week, Iused a small floor jack, removed the tire and there was plenty of room. The brakes are Honda Civic CRX and wheels are 4 bolt 15x6.5 Civic. Once the tire comes off there you can get to anything you want but there isnn't much under there.

To get the body off there are 6 brackets attaching it to the frame. It is fairly easy to do but it will take some time. Hannigan put everthing together with plug connections so all you have to do is unplug, unbolt and lift it off so it keeps things simple. Here is a list to get the body off:

1. remove both seats

2. unplug wiring connections under passenger seat

3. remove 6 bolts in bottom of tour pack trunk

4. lift off trunk as a unit, i.e. trunk and armrests are still attached

5. remove 4 CB mounting bolts, unplug antenna and remove CB unit

6. remove antenna brackets ( I don't use antennas )

7. remove passenger grab bars 10mm bolt on top and 5mm allen wrench, you have to go in through the hole where the trunk was to get to the allen bolt

8. remove passenger floorboards, 5mm allen head

9. unplug wiring harness going to the rear lights, it runs back along the frame

10. undo the 6 brackets and it should lift free pretty easy with 2 people

I had mine apart over the past couple weeks down to step 10 but didn't have to remove the body for painting, I was just checking things out, seeing how it was made and put together. I was very pleased with the quality of work and design. I thought the rear brake was a liittle soft so I bled them, they won't open your front brake system.

I'm glad to answer any other questions you might have.

Wow, thanks for the detailed post. excellent..

I just copied it to my note pad and printed that.

Hey I just called my Geico Motorcycle Ins. and added

an amendment for the conversion.. raised my bike

14 k above stock.. I said make it 25K , to my amazement

my Insurance did not raise a penny. still $22 a month and

that is full maxed out coverage with the trailer and all my

upgrades, also included is flat-bed towing. Kewl!

The only thing that they will Minus from the claim (totaled)

is the labor cost to add the conversion.

(did it help when you bled them)? and yeah I bet I will have a few more Questions *hehe)

(NOTE) my new tag under my handle *lol*

Jeff

Guny you have great taste. Been looking for a trike covertion for some time and when I saw yours I said that,s the one for me. So checked pricing here in Canada and the closest dealer here (BC) just quoted me 20,039.00 CA. Guess I,ll just put a picture of yours on my windshield and keep dreaming. Hope you don,t mind about the picture thing.:crying:

Canuck, I am flattered thanks. I took mine to the Hannigan factory which saved about $1000 in shipping/crating, the finished cost to Hannigan was right at $12000. Our families live a couple hours from there and they did it over our Christmas visit and picked it up the day after Christmas, they are very easy people to work with.

• 1 month later...

Mine showed up today at my dealers. we are going to un-crate it

tomorrow morning together, were both excited to see how the

paint scheme turned out. *crossing fingers* and I am on the books

to have it completed by the end of march or sooner.

I will try and get some pictures of the body to post.

Jeff

• 1 month later...

The hitch on my 2005 RSV with Hannigan kit has the hitch tube welded near the front and then again at the rear of the frame assy. The hitch use a receiver type head that is removable. It is not the standard size receiver used on trucks or SUV type hitches. With the receiver head off it is not noticable.