IGNORED

Back From Hannigan

GunnyButch

We picked up my trike from Hannigan on the 26th but didn't get home until late saturday. Today was the first chance to get it out and shake it down. I think I am really going to like it. Thanks to all for the advice when I was considering doing this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/gunnybutch/P1010001-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/gunnybutch/P1010002-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/gunnybutch/P1010003-2.jpg

Looking good there Gunny. Hope to meet up with sometime down the road. I put over 11k on mine last summer and it really didn't take much time to get used to it. Sure there'll be a few quriks from what you're used to from the two wheel variety. Just take your time getting used it it and you'll be fine. Did you get the EZSteer done on the fork trees?

Dragon Rider who's trike kit do you have on your bike. Mine's a Tri-Wing. JerryM has a Tri-Wing as well set up on his RSTD.

Larry

Very nice looking trike. Welcom to the "Trike World". Mine is also a Hannagan and I love it. I had the e-z steer added, but I also put some risers on it and it made it a lot better. You might try that also. Until I put the risers on I found myself pushing down on the bars when I turned. The risers took care of that. I now find myself hanging in there with the two wheels in turns.

These things are fun. Just think, you don't have to look for a place where your kickstand wont sink into the dirt when you park. When you come to a stop you don't have to put your feet down. Comes in handy when you are on a hill. Just remember you don't have a reverse and when you are going to park you will have to plan how you pull into the parking spot. However these bikes are not that hard to push backwards unless you are trying to go up an incline.

Have fun and let us know how you are doing. Hope to see you at the '09 Tail of the Dragon.

1 - UP

KKen

Roadkill,

I paid $14,700 for mine. I had some extras added like the floor boards etc. and I had it installed. Thats for a Hannagan. They are out of KY. I had it installed in IN.

1 - UP

Ken

Thanks for the info. I have had an idea rolling around in my head that at the point I start looking for a new bike, I might convert my baby to a Trike for the wife:whistling: and get me something new. Though at the rate I'm deterioating I may be the one that needs a trike.:crying:

Never owned one but I've always been a Hannigan fan. Love their side cars. Yours looks great and as Don said the lines of the fenders really do compliment the look of the bike. Your going to have many years of enjoyment out of that trike. Ride safe.

1-UP Thanks for the tip. A couple times I found myself putting my foot down, old habits die hard.

RoadKill The only thing not included on Hannigan's price list is crating and freight charges which can be quite a bit. I took mine to them since I was going that way and saved that expense.

Thanks to all for the compliments and I appreciate the support nad advice.

For those who consider doing one yourself using Tri-Wings kit I probably put in just under $9,000 for my conversion. That included body work & paint done at a shop (I'm not a good painter), ez steer conversion to the fork trees, wheels & tires, etc. I did all the work myself thou and also did some things a bit different that what instructions called for as to fitment of the body. So depending on ones wrenching abilities, painting , etc you could spend more or less then what I did.

Larry

Note:

As far as I know at this point only 3 companies offer a trike conversion for the Ventures. Tri-Wing is the only company selling to individuale customers. Hannigan and Chanpion are strickly a dealer installed option.

I looked at your pictures when I was thinking about this, very sharp looking rig.

Today when I was out I noticed the GPS speed and speedometer now match, I'm used to adjusting 10% for the speedo error when the GPS wasn't on.

Gunny,

When they put my trike together they also set my speedometer by gps. I notice when I go through a construction zone where they monitor your speed that mine is the same as the "board" posted. It's nice to know that your on the "button" when it comes to your speed. Some of my former brother and sisters don't give when it comes to construction zones. Which is what it should be.

1 - UP

Ken

Carbon One:

With the 2003 RSMV I've got the Tri-Wing kit...installed by R&R of Jasper Ga. (Good guys) Have 1.5'' risers and a Clearview wind shiel with GW vent (not so sure that was a good idea) and a nerf bumper is on order (seems we're always a "Work in progress") and the E-Z Steer is on the schedule for Mar/Apr.....Before I make tracks for Sacramento and Ottawa this summer...Like th kit...zero troubles once I worked with Areo Lift to prevent busted air bags on the lovely Florida roads....by the way...oridginal seats were rebuilt to my back side by Sargents of Jax Fl. So far...52000 miles....and 158 to start the New Year....

Ride safe with the shinny side up...

Dragon Rider

• 2 weeks later...

Butch, I noticed that the Antennas are missing. what replaced them

and were are they? I also have mine scheduled for the end of March

to have this conversion done by hannigan, This will be on my

2000 MM , I just can not handle the wight of the bike anymore.

Legs and back can not handle it anymore *sigh* I guess I do liston

to FM once and a while. hardly ever use the CB.. but mostly

I liston to my Wife or the Zumo MP3's *lol*

Jeff