IGNORED

Replacement LED bulbs

a1bummer

Has anybody in here ever replaced their bulbs with LED bulbs? The tail lights are simple to find replacement bulbs but the turn signal bulbs would have to be made at a right angle to point to the front or rear of the bike. I have seen the blade type for the instrument panel and marker lights. The marker light again would have to be made with a right angle. Any suggestions? I know the VR's are lacking in the power output department and figure I could save some wattage for my trailer and other accessories if I can swap in LED bulbs. In the mean time I'm talking to a guy who says he can rebuild the rectifier and upgrade the stator for more output. Just have to find a couple used specimens to take him so he can get started.

There is a place (alot of them actually) that you can get the right angle LED bulbs... http://www.customdynamics.com/

is one of them I have bookmarked. I know some of the guys here have done the led replacements and I have swapped out my tail / brake light , I need to put in a resistor or something tho... the warning light on the dash comes on when I use the brakes.

how do you know if you got a 194 bulb socket or 168 and above there are 2 posts one for a wedge bulb and one for a led that looks light a little ball both slipons custom dynamics has them both but curious who has used what and how good they work. I have just a few additional lights (28) on my scoot. any info helpful:confused24:

I bought my marker lights from superbrightleds.com, they were WAY cheaper than the one refenced...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

Use the CONE (side illuminating version).

WLED-R Red

WLED-A Amber

Details and price ($0.79) are on this page.. half way down...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR&keywords=&cart_id=6562846.20753&next=50

Use the same color as the color of the lens. I replaced half my marker lights and waited for evening and then compared... hardly noticable... but WAY less current and the red LEDs actually looked better. Changing the ones in the front bumper and/or rotor covers uses a forward directed amber LED and these are WAY important... those incandescents heat the amber lens and MELTS them... they are NOT available and repair is a real pain.

I think the only difference between 168 and 194 is the wattage... 4 -vs- 5 watts I believe.

Lets see... 28 lights at 4 watts each = 112 watts at 12 volts, that looks to be a bit over 9 Amps! (amps * volts = watts)

28 LEDs chew up about 15 milliamps each... or 420 milliamps (.42 Amps)...

Your electrical system will LOVE you if you change!