IGNORED

Sticky things.

straight pipe

It's been awhile since I've been here. I live in a very humid area ( Tx. gulf coast ). The kick stand is hard to opperate ( it doesn't move as freely as it did when it was new ). For comparrison I went to the dealer yesterday and played with a new Venture that they have on theire floor. I did the most logical thing and lubed it with marine grease but it is still hard to opperate. Has any one else had this problem and if so were you able to fix it by just greasing it or is it something else I'm missing?

Mine does the same thing...road grime, rain water, all that junk getting in it.

All I do is spray it with a spray type silicone and work the kick stand back and forth and it frees up instantly.. I place the bike on a floor jack to do this of course.....

I spray the kickstand on my 05 RSV about every other month to keep it free....

While your lubing things up, make sure you remove the toe heal shifter and lube the shaft it is on...then use loc-tight when reinstalling the bolt.. use grease on the shifter shaft.

A lot of folks forget to apply grease at this spot...:thumbsup2:

My "04" seamed tight when I got it last year. I ended up removing the whole thing, spring and all. If I remember right there is a bushing around the pin/bolt. Greased everything and what a difference. It might be time for the brake and clutch levers too.

• 4 years later...
It's been awhile since I've been here. I live in a very humid area ( Tx. gulf coast ). The kick stand is hard to opperate ( it doesn't move as freely as it did when it was new ). For comparrison I went to the dealer yesterday and played with a new Venture that they have on theire floor. I did the most logical thing and lubed it with marine grease but it is still hard to opperate. Has any one else had this problem and if so were you able to fix it by just greasing it or is it something else I'm missing?

spray it with so wd 40 .. i will work eady for a while then you will have to spay it again :mytruck:

I Just got a rsv new to me. Kick stand difficult to operate and loose. The bushing was about $6 or $8 . Lubed it, reinstalled it....oh what a nice difference. Remove kickstand, separate bushing, grease, you will be happy happy happy.

Bill:080402gudl_prv: