IGNORED

Sad day for Albany, Georgia

ediddy

Have a similar situation in my town (town of 12,000) AbitibiBowater announced they are closing the newsprint mill here after 99 years in production approx 1000 direct jobs. Its the only major employer other than health care in this area. I think this is gonna be a hard storm to ride out!!

Keith

...AbitibiBowater announced they are closing the newsprint mill here after 99 years in production Keith

I recently heard of another newsprint paper company closing, could possibly been the same one. They blamed the internet as the major culprit, not many people subscribing to the rag as once was. Best of luck.

MIKE aka Uturn

:fingers-crossed-emo

Maybey we could lay some of the guilt on the the fat cats who ship our jobs overseas! have you ever seen anything get cheaper other than the quality? when we fight our next war where are we going to buy our bullets from???

I’ve been seeing the USA being sold out since the 80's.

Paper mills gone, Textile mills gone, Steel mills gone, Miscellaneous other factories gone, Machine shops closed, and on and on and on.

Don’t want to predict our Country’s future. It’s been led by corruption and greed and whatever else wrongs for way too many years. All the wrong people seem to have had all the rights, and knew how to misuse them.

I’ve been seeing the USA being sold out since the 80's.

Paper mills gone, Textile mills gone, Steel mills gone, Miscellaneous other factories gone, Machine shops closed, and on and on and on.

Don’t want to predict our Country’s future. It’s been led by corruption and greed and whatever else wrongs for way too many years. All the wrong people seem to have had all the rights, and knew how to misuse them.

The really sad part is all the corrupt and greedy are still in charge. They all claim they can't let the big boys like Wall Street, AIG, GM, etc, go under 'cause it would "devastate" the economy. What about the working guys that got their pink slips... just how devastated is their economy and I don't see anyone trying to bail them out. The only thing I see is the very rich filling their pockets with taxpayer money directly now instead of thru their corrupt business practices. Wonder if they are going to bail out Madoff next.:soapbox: