IGNORED

Tip If you have to Store a Bike

Yammer Dan

If you must store a Scoot try to go past it once in a while (as often as possible) and work the clutch lever and the brake levers a few times. It is best to start them as often as possible but if you can't work those levers and save yourself a lot of trouble when you get them back out. Just take a few seconds to stop and pump them a few times.

I would just add that starting the engine once in a while is normally NOT a good idea unless you can get it out and really get it hot. Just starting up and letting it run a few seconds, or even a couple minutes, will just create moisture in the crankcase and exhaust, you won't get it hot enough to burn that off.

So unless you can get it on the road for 15-20 minutes at least, don't mess with it. pulling on the clutch and brake levers and pedal though, that won't hurt anything, and I can see the logic and keeping them from settling too much.

Right if you do get to start it at least make sure you run it til it gets to operating temps for a while. I never shut fuel off on my ventures Brad. With the weather here you never know when you are get a day you want to fire it up and maybe take a "little" ride. A caliper not used can stick pretty quick and working those levers prevents that.

Right if you do get to start it at least make sure you run it til it gets to operating temps for a while. I never shut fuel off on my ventures Brad. With the weather here you never know when you are get a day you want to fire it up and maybe take a "little" ride. A caliper not used can stick pretty quick and working those levers prevents that.

Not going to be able to go for a ride till at least March (even then we would be lucky). Most likely take you up on your suggestion of moving the levers once in a while. They will be 10 years old soon.

Thanks, Now I just have to Remember to do it :think:

Brad