IGNORED

Wide Chrome muffler clamp...question

Guest Shep

Ladies and gents: I have seen several recommendation here on the forum regarding the wide chrome muffler clamps. The clamps that Baron's gave me for my 4-2-4's are a best just "OK". And they are not wide enough to cover the slits in the slip-ons.

The links provided (I have tried several) are no longer any good. But here is my real question, "Do those things have a 'lip' on them? It would seem to me if they do that it would have to be ground down to completely slip over the 4-2-4's.

Any help is appreciated. :Laugh:

Shep

OK - more searching and I found the answer:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26489

Edited by Shep
Found the answer!

• 2 weeks later...

Those clamps are what works on the R/K mufflers and should work fine on this application also. Shep, did I send you a link for them a while back, CRS is getting bad these days

:think:

Those clamps are what works on the R/K mufflers and should work fine on this application also. Shep, did I send you a link for them a while back, CRS is getting bad these days

:think:

Not sure if you did or not - but I got some and they worked great!

Shep

Got mine at chopper cycles only one thing wrong with them though. They have a minimum order policy and I could not find anything on there site that I realy needed and had to buy a chrome bracket just so I could meet the order. E-bay had them cheaper!!!!

Dennis