I've been lurking for a while reviewing different threads and picking up information here and there from the forum.

About a month ago I bought a 1984 Venture Royale from a forum member. This bike joins my 1982 CBX, 1988 ZX10 and 2002 Mean Streak. I've always liked the Venture as I had a 1984 I bought in 1990 that had a sidecar installed by the previous owner. The SC was color matched to the bike and could be unbolted in about 5 minutes. After about 6 months of riding with this rig I thought I knew how to handle it. I couldn't have been more wrong. Going around a slow speed curve in 1991 with my two young ones I lost control and hit an oncoming car. Completely my fault. Totaled the bike with a bent frame not to mention the damage to the fairing. The kids were not hurt altho I wasn't so lucky.

Anyway, I've always wanted another Venture and finally have one. I'll be asking a lot of questions in the future.

Sorry for the long introduction.

:thumbsup:

Welcome to the board Rich. We get togther here in Norcal a couple of times a year, and you're welcome to join in if you'd like. We're thinking about doing a ride down in the San Juaquin late next spring. We're also having a Venture Roundup in Cody Wy. next Sept.2009. We try to keep a address book with all the NorCal riders email addresses for up coming anouncements. If you'll forward me your's we'll add you on.

Jack

Reed, just get out and ride her. The motor I put in her get's cranky if you don't pay any attention to her. She probly gets mad at all the otherbikes in he garge next to her.

As I said before Jack (Condor) is the man for anything you might want or need. Check with him before going on a wild goose chase for parts when needed. He is where I got the motor from.

I'll take the CBX though...lol

Kurt

Reed, just get out and ride her. The motor I put in her get's cranky if you don't pay any attention to her. She probly gets mad at all the otherbikes in he garge next to her.

As I said before Jack (Condor) is the man for anything you might want or need. Check with him before going on a wild goose chase for parts when needed. He is where I got the motor from.

I'll take the CBX though...lol

Kurt

The bike is looking good. Got it registered and insured. A little heavier than my X but I"m getting used to it. Have always liked the looks and style of the Venture.

Sorry about the Rich.......Reed just jump in there some how.

Your going to have a good time this summer on her. She has never let me down yet.

I just don't do that kind of long distance riding the bike needs. Just not enough time for it.

So I went out and got a Ducati ST2. Still a good long distance bike, but it gets the blood flowing just a bit better.

Kurt

Lets try this again..... Hi Rich, Sorry for calling you Reed, I picked it up from an earlier post and wanted to add a personal note to the offer to ask as many questions as you like, Sorry again for the oversite. I never really cared what my mom called me .....as long as she didn't call me Late for dinner! LOL :sign just kidding:

Earl and Jean

Hi Rich, so did you get the Burgandy 84VR?:sun:

I got the 1984 Gold from forum menber Gone14S. He installed a 1300cc engine along with a lot of chrome goodies. It's a good looking ride and runs great. He did a great job on the installation. It's a clean machine for being 24 years old.