IGNORED

Going to sell the HD Ultra

ken

Well its the end of the riding season, and I said I would give my HD a riding season to see how I like it. Well I decided to sell it, gather my thought (and some cash) and go back to the Venture. If I'm lucky by the time I get ready buy, Yamaha will make a few positive changes and updates. If anyone is interested or knows anyone interested I've listed it on ebay with a reserve of $17,900.:bang head:

Item number: 260315769177

Edited by ken

Hey Ken good luck with the sale and I hope you get your asking price... But it's off season for 2/3s of the country, times are tough all over, and H-D just made a bunch of improvements in their 09 Dressers..

Why are you going back to the RSV? We have had a few defectors lately and I'd like an honest comparison... If you'd rather wait until after the sale I understand.

Guest tx2sturgis

Being a peace officer edition, increases its value to some buyers, but might make others turn away. I guess you know Ken, that the Motor Company has a few rules about buying and selling the special editions, namely the Firefighter and Police Bikes.

Very nice looking bike though!

Being a peace officer edition, increases its value to some buyers, but might make others turn away. I guess you know Ken, that the Motor Company has a few rules about buying and selling the special editions, namely the Firefighter and Police Bikes.

Very nice looking bike though!

Ya I'm aware of thier rule. The dealer told me if I sold it with 1 year I would be band from buy new again. It's been one yr and I most likely wouldn't buy another one.

Guest tx2sturgis
Ya I'm aware of thier rule. The dealer told me if I sold it with 1 year I would be band from buy new again. It's been one yr and I most likely wouldn't buy another one.

Well if you sell it within either 1 or 2 years, (cant remember which) then you are off the list for buying another 'Special Edition'...but you could still buy any other new or used bike they have. You CAN trade it in and keep your eligiblity I understand. But it sounds like thats not the way you want to go.

Well its the end of the riding season, and I said I would give my HD a riding season to see how I like it. Well I decided to sell it, gather my thought (and some cash) and go back to the Venture. If I lucky by the time I get ready buy, Yamaha will make a few positive changes and updates. If anyone is interested or knows anyone interested I've listed it on ebay with a reserve of $17,900.:bang head:

Item number: 260315769177

Hope you don't mind I posted a link to the ad on another site I visit. There are a couple of rabid HD fans over there...

Here's a link so you don't have to worry about what I said...

http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=30741

With close to 10,000,000 visitors a year and almost 14,000 registered users, I didn't think it would hurt to let a few of them know about the ad...:63:

Hope you don't mind I posted a link to the ad on another site I visit. There are a couple of rabid HD fans over there...

Here's a link so you don't have to worry about what I said...

http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=30741

With close to 10,000,000 visitors a year and almost 14,000 registered users, I didn't think it would hurt to let a few of them know about the ad...:63:

THANKS!!:banana:

I understand you on this. A few months I was all hot to get the 09 Ultra Firefighter edition. I finally got the chance to ride an Ultra and even though it was an Awsome bike I just didnt feel like I fit on it. Granted I have changed all kinds of stuff on my Venture to make it fit me but I want prepared to dump another 4 grand into an already expensive bike again. I sold my Flag bike and was gonna sell the Venture and even if I got the price for it I wanted I still would have had to add 10 grand on top of it to make a lateral move in all Just for a Name.

I decided to paint my Venture as My own Firefigter edition as I am now Vice President of my Red Knights chapter and with the friends I have it will only cost materials. As for the decals and goldleaf the same guys son does vinyl lettering and graphics.

I would buy it in a heartbeat if I had the cash, that is the nicest ultra I have seen. I like the street glide but that ultra turns my crank. I like it so much I saved the picture of it, I hope you don't mind.

I've seen several Ultra's where the owners made the top trunk detachable and put on a solo seat. It like having two bike in one.

• 3 weeks later...