IGNORED

What would it take

Dragonslayer

http://venturerider.org/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif They just about skipped GA

Given the omissions of great rides that aren't included in the official publication by the Department of Transportation. I think it would be a good idea if the VentureRiders put out our own diffinative tour guide of all of the great rides all over the country. We have enough members to cover a good part of the world.

Each of us could submit write ups of our own favorite rides in our home states, provinces and countries. they could then be compiled into a publication that could be sold through the internet and the proceeds could be used to support the Venturerider.org forum.

What do yall think?

Is this something that would be suitable to undertake?

If so?

Would it be suitable to ask for a committe of volunteers to organize? I'll participate on a organizational level.

What would it take to develop a form that could be used on the site for the members to be able to use to submit in a uniform format write ups of rides in thier home areas. A form that might include specific information about a particular route such as :

1. Start point,
  2. route,
  3. points of interest,
  4. map reference,
  5. Road type, and riding style Mountain twisties, pastural meanduring, challenging or not
  6. total miles,
  7. estimated ride time
  8. suggested dining and lodging
  9. brief write up regarding topography,geography, landscape, floral and fauna
  10. seasonal information
  11. finish point.

It was my thought that if all submissions were done in a uniform format they would then be easier to compile into a publication format. The groupings of submissions could be by country, region, state, area of state , local.

Folks, we already have an area dedicated to favorite roads and destinations but it seldom get used. Scroll down the forum page and you'll find it.

We can start there and then build on the idea. If we get enough stuff added, I would be happy to take the information and get it published.

I think it's a great idea and would be a lot of fun. Think I could get on the Amazon Best Seller's List? :)