IGNORED

Anyone in the Omaha, NE area?

craigatcsi

I used to have a 99 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500 and join a Vulcan Riders group.

Now that I have a Venture, I would like to get together & ride with some Venture Riders.

Are any of you in the Omaha, NE area and would like to ride together sometime?

craigr

Wait a minute.....did somebody say Omaha? Never heard that before here. Hang on.....let me check......yep! I still live in Omaha. At first I thought you might have been the mystery Black Cherry I've been seeing around town but it don't look like it. Blue and Black right?

But then again you might as well know I ride a 1st gen so you'd have to keep up. LOL!

Have touch base at least. Not many Ventures in this neck of the woods. Mine is down for now as some joker felt the need to cut my front brake lines at work the other day but got parts headed this way to fix that.

Pop back in if you're still around.

Mike

We will definately have to meet up sometime. The weather is getting colder, so it looks like riding together MIGHT have to wait until next spring.

Hopefully, some others from this area will chime into this thread. I've seen a few of them around the Omaha area. (I never noticed them until I bought one.) I need to print up some 'cards' for this site and put them on the bikes I see in parking lots. It would be nice to get a bunch of us together sometimes.

We were looking at buying a Black Cherry from Power Sports, but the price was high and I couldn't decide whether I wanted to spend that much. We looked at it 4 or 5 times. We finally decided to go for it and went out to deal - and it was gone. Sold a few days before. So, we ended up going to Fremont and my wife fell in love with the Blue/Black. We save MANY dollars by buying there.

While at lunch a month or so later, we saw Black Cherry. We started talking to the guy and discovered that his was the bike we going to deal on!! We all had a good chuckle over that. He told me he paid 20k for it!! MUCH more than I was willing to pay. He said they 'threw in' a Corbin seat and a luggage rack for the Trunk. - Still MUCH more than it is worth to me. But, that being said, it is a Gorgeous bike.

I saw my first 'live' 1st generation today at Pauls Motorcycle over in CB. I think the guy working there said it is an 86 with 50Kish miles.

The bike looks brand new! He said the owner takes very good care of it. - It shows. He said the bike was in for repairs or something like that and is not for sale.

I think is is MUCH better looking 'live' than in pictures.

craigr

Hey Craig.

Keep an eye open for me. The first pic was after I had the bike for a while and added all the shiny stuff. I had the lowers off in that pic as I was dinking with the carbs before rebuilding them. The second was right after I had finished all the restoration work. Worked out pretty good for a garage find that had been stored for 9 years.

You'll see me somewhere. It's a daily rider. Well it was until the bonehead slashed my brake lines.

Later

Mike

• 4 years later...
Now what did you do to those guys at work they felt they were justified in vandalizing your ride?

Cutting brake lines is not just vandalizing....it could be considered attempted murder!

:sign yeah that:

Pretty much what I was thinking. That could have went really wrong.

Now what did you do to those guys at work they felt they were justified in vandalizing your ride?

Cutting brake lines is not just vandalizing....it could be considered attempted murder!

Boy that was a few years back now. After finding damage went back and checked security cameras. They showed two males walking past bike. One continued on and the other stopped and walked around bike several times like he was looking it over. Then he stooped down by the front and then walked to the other side and did the same thing then walked out of Camera range. Was not able to make out either party due to poor quality. When i left work i had found small puddles of brake fluid on pavement. As i was pulling out of lot i could feel the brakes fading and see i was losing fluid. Made it three miles home and inspected front lines. Found both sides to be partly cut across tops. Speeded up my plans for SS lines.

To this day i have no idea who the nads were that did it. Only some suspicions. Random morons in a public parking lot. But for sure not coworkers.

From my Droid wherever I may happen to be at any given moment.