IGNORED

Job Territory change

Freebird

Well, I know I haven't posted much lately and I apologize for that. Most of you know that there has been a lot going on in our lives lately. After the passing of our grandson and upon Eileen's return home, we just needed some time to sit back and relax, reflect on things. The time has been good for us and things are getting back to normal now.

Yesterday I got a call from my company to let me know that they are changing up our sales territories a bit. I previously covered OH, Western NY, Western PA, WV and Eastern KY. I am told that I will no longer be covering any of NY but have been given the entire state of Indiana. The net result is that I now have more customers and also a bit more distance to cover. I have mixed feelings about it. I do like Indiana and it will be a nice change to travel some less familiar roads but the increased distance is sort of a bummer. Not too bad though. There are parts of NY that I really liked and will miss. I always enjoyed the Finger Lakes area.

I am not really considered a salesman. The company that I work for manufactures dimensional letters for the sign industry. Cast, waterejet, injection molded, etc. The letters that you see on banks, businesses, court houses, schools, etc. We are a wholesale manufacturer and my time is spent calling on sign companies and architects. My job is not so much sales but the education of our customers about our various products. I don't typically take orders.

The reason for the territory change is pretty much as Randy said. There were 12 of us outside reps and we lost the guy who was based in the Chicago area. The decision was made to not replace him but to re-arrange the territories so that the rest of us absorb his area. He covered Indiana and I've now inherited that state.

I'm glad you and the family are doing better. Can't never tell, but Indiana may become a new favorite state. Like Randya said, at our age, although I'm significantly younger than him, there aren't a lot of good opportunities and options out there for good expereinced, i.e. "older", workers these days. Hope it works out well for you.

Well Don, I guess I'll be seeing you at work sometime rather than just up at your house next year!! PM me when you're gonna hit Indy and we'll hook-up.

(Some of you are just jealous, aren't you?!!!!) We work in the same industry.

Matter of fact, we just got 4 big boxes in from you guys.

Good luck trying to fit it all in,

Dan

Whew...you scared me...I thought you got Wisconsin :rasberry:

You BETTER be glad I'm not. I would make you buy dinner. :) I actually WOULD like to meet you.

Well Don, I guess I'll be seeing you at work sometime rather than just up at your house next year!! PM me when you're gonna hit Indy and we'll hook-up.

(Some of you are just jealous, aren't you?!!!!) We work in the same industry.

Matter of fact, we just got 4 big boxes in from you guys.

Good luck trying to fit it all in,

Dan

I'll be there soon I'm sure. Send me a PM and let me know who you work for. I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time in that area.

I am not really considered a salesman. The company that I work for manufactures dimensional letters for the sign industry. Cast, waterejet, injection molded, etc. The letters that you see on banks, businesses, court houses, schools, etc. We are a wholesale manufacturer and my time is spent calling on sign companies and architects. My job is not so much sales but the education of our customers about our various products. I don't typically take orders.

The reason for the territory change is pretty much as Randy said. There were 12 of us outside reps and we lost the guy who was based in the Chicago area. The decision was made to not replace him but to re-arrange the territories so that the rest of us absorb his area. He covered Indiana and I've now inherited that state.

If you ever get to Lexington look us up.:Venture: